Hello! PTO question: Can anyone tell if how to check the gear lash between the PTO drive gear and transfer case gear? Specifically, how do I access them? Is this possible by removing the plate on the right with six bolts? It appears the the opening on left the is not it. 1988 HJ61.
Removing the big cover with 6 bolts should give you access to the PTO gear. I'm not sure how accessible it will be to get any tools in there to measure backlash though.
Removing the big cover with 6 bolts should give you access to the PTO gear. I'm not sure how accessible it will be to get any tools in there to measure backlash though.
Removing the big cover with 6 bolts should give you access to the PTO gear. I'm not sure how accessible it will be to get any tools in there to measure backlash though.