check valve name??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am sure it is on the forum but am limited to my blackberry and want to try and fix it while I am out of town. I replaced the charcoal canister with the GM fix here on the forum and it helped but I still smell fuel when I stop and shut it off. I need to know what the check valve the charcoal canister pluigs into is called. It seems to be bad. I have no vacum on the charcoal canister side of the valve with the motor running.

Thanks and sorry I was unable to search better.

Not sure. I know that it is round with several nipples protruding around it. One of them connects to the charcoal cannister. On one of the flat sides there is a nipple with a hose that runs to the intake manifold. Not sure if it makes a difference but it is a 91 ith the 3FE.

I found the test procedure (I think). It does not make any sense. No vacuum at idle but vacuum at 3000 rpm? What is the point in the valve then? My truck rarely sees 3000 rpm. Have I misread something? If not no wonder so many people are smelling fuel associated with the charcoal canister. All the vapor is just venting from the canister to the environment or building pressure in the system and venting out the cap (if the canister vent is clogged). Am I missing something? Is there a fix I have overlooked?

I don't know what you're looking at. Here's the test procedure from the FSM.
VCVTest.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom