Check PCS system - no 4LO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ntsaint

Don't Assume I Know The Basics...
SILVER Star
Threads
5C851949-577C-41B1-BC32-8CA9D736BE39.jpeg
8355BC85-8F8D-4501-BFC2-C9F6AC49970C.jpeg
ran some muddy roads today and had an issue. Tried to drop into 4LO and dash lit up. See pics. Never went into low and disabled lots of stuff.

Cut the truck off and back on and it cleared. Tried again, same results.

Did some googling and apparently this isn’t uncommon on newer trucks w the adaptive cruise and sonar. Mine is a 2011...doesn’t have all that.

Thoughts?

Were you stopped and in Neutral when you tried to shift into 4LO?

So let me get this straight. Toyota’s flagship vehicle has a capability disabling radar sensor mud coverage issue. Awesome.

This isn’t my first rodeo. I’ve off-roaded a 100 for the past decade. Yesterday was my first time taking out the 200, and it was mild stuff. But had i been in a place where i really needed 4LO to get home (certainly happens), it would’ve put me walking on the side of the road. Because of mud. Covering a radar sensor. Great.

Same issue on my 2013, so it goes back a while. Fortunately a semi wet rag seems to be a decent fix on the trail.

You're being a little over the top here. While I don't understand why Toyota links 4 LO to the PCS system, I also don't see it as a big issue.

I always put it into 4 LO before I need 4 LO -- I don't wait until I'm stuck to get into 4 LO. It isn't hard to get out of the truck and wipe off the radar sensor with a rag or your hand.

Might have been, but I was disappointed to find out did a splash in a mudhole can disable low range on the truck. Is what it is I suppose.

Plus there are many times when I might go thru a little mud on a trail prior to putting the truck in low range. I suppose now I’ll just get out and wipe the sensor off every time I do it.

You only have to get out if the dash warning light comes on. No need to get out every time.

Where is the sensor located?

Also I hope none of the 80 series guys are reading this!

How bout a pic of what needs to be "wiped off" if this occurs. I've never, ever, had a 4 low issue, but also have never been in a big, muddy 4 low situation.

Pic of what to address would be great, so I can squirrel this away for potential mud hassles.

*I have no radar*

Thanks

Glad its easy to get to to clean. Seems odd that PCS is tied into 4Low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom