Cheap Source for JDM 200-Series Horns (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
(I'm 90% sure I never made a thread about this, apologies if its a repost)

Looking at pictures of the "JDM 200 Series" horns, part number 08522-60010, I noticed "MR-FL-04" molded into them:

ToyotaJDMHorns08522_60010-Closeup.jpg

After some searching, I found that these are horns made by the Maruko Horn company. The same model of horn are sold under the Subaru part numbers 86012AG020 and 86012AG030. These seem to have been used on Subarus outside of the US market. I scored a pair in excellent condition from eBay for $40, shipped, back in 2020:
LandCruiser-SubaruMarukoHorns-1.JPG

The only difference I can see is that these don't have the Toyota "premium horn" sticker or the bit of angled plastic that presumably redirects some of the sound forward.

I mounted them to the existing bracket on the 80. I used a washer so that the arms would clear the outward bend on the bracket. The factory 80-Series wiring harness plugs right in:
LandCruiser-SubaruMarukoHorns-3.JPG

Alternatively, if you just search for "Maruko horns", you'll find results including brand new, aftermarket Maruko "Super Giga" horns shipped from Japan for $48. They have the exact same MR-FL/H-04 molded into the horn, with a variety of different printing on the back side of the metal tab. The "Super Giga" horns use two spade connectors:
MarukoSuperGigaHorn.jpg

Of course, keep in mind that as of September, 2023, the Yen is very weak against the dollar (1.48:1), so you can also just buy the Toyota part number from Amayama Japan for about $72, shipped... They were more like $100 - $115 back when I researched this.

Nice!! I literally just installed my Premium version this weekend. Shhhh don't tell anyone, but I actually had a set of GM horns previously. Lol. There is a faint difference in sound, but it's not significant. Toyota is better I think.

I put new toyota horns in my 80 a while back. There is a low and a high tone Toyota/Lexus horn, not two the same

At no point did anyone say that the two horns are the same tone. No idea how you could possibly come to that conclusion.

You posted one toyota part number when talking about

The Toyota part number includes both horns. You can see the other horn in the first picture from Partsouq, and in every thread on this forum about these horns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom