Cheap diesel heater recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a budget heater,
Anyone had any experiences with these Amazon diesel heaters? Any inputs-geatly appreciated.

Screenshot_20221019-104306(1).png

I've had several of these that I bought from Amazon or ebay. It's a crapshoot of what you get. The Vevor you posted is better for stability on the ground.
Don't have high expectations. If it works you are ahead of the game already. When they work they work pretty good. When they don't work, keep it for spare parts and get another one.

@Dr Gil.
Thanks for the input. I knew going into it that it might end up being a paper weight. Willing to gamble spending $150 and use the rest to buy me a 0°C sleeping bag as a back up.

Here is one that I Frankensteined together with some spare parts.

C8D3B20B-0789-452D-9375-2728549BE15B_1_105_c.jpeg

Went with Vevor and will sit in the jerry can swing out. Now I just need to copy your split window insert for the duct hose.
20221028_174959_HDR.jpg

That's a great location for the heater. Be aware of the fuel pump noise traveling down through your swingout.
If I decided to rebuild the window insert I would fabricate it horizontally and put it on the second row window
instead of the 3rd row window.

Does your hose gives off a smell? Mine does. What hose are you using?

Which "hose" are you referring to? Exhaust or heater hose?
The heater output hose does not have any odor to it. I'm using
an aluminum accordion hose.

I bought off Amazon for the output hose. Inside of ID is aluminum but the outer jacket is prob what is giving off the smell.

I bought the accordion style output hose from Lowes

Don't buy this black output hose. It gives off a nauseating smell.

20221030_101438_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom