Chassis no on TM9-833 (G-518, Ben Hur) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First post!
I just bought an unregistered trailer. The trailers only visible marking is a plate riveted to the sheet metal stating TM9-833. From this, I have understood it is a G-518 specified trailer, and I have found the manual for it on the net.

However, I can't find any information about where the chassis number might be located/found. I dearly hope it is painted over and can be found by carefully washing the paint of with a a paint solver

Where are the usual spots where the chassis number was imprinted on these vehicles? Any help is very appreciated, I am located in Europe and it is next to impossible to register a trailer unless the chassis number can be found.

Best is if you guys that have one of these could post or send photos of where on the trailer the numbers are found.
What is the structure of the numbers, are they long? Are there both letters and digits in the chassis number?

3.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

825_1693435728.jpg

First post!
I just bought an unregistered trailer. The trailers only visible marking is a plate riveted to the sheet metal stating TM9-833. From this, I have understood it is a G-518 specified trailer, and I have found the manual for it on the net.

However, I can't find any information about where the chassis number might be located/found. I dearly hope it is painted over and can be found by carefully washing the paint of with a a paint solver

Where are the usual spots where the chassis number was imprinted on these vehicles? Any help is very appreciated, I am located in Europe and it is next to impossible to register a trailer unless the chassis number can be found.

Best is if you guys that have one of these could post or send photos of where on the trailer the numbers are found.
What is the structure of the numbers, are they long? Are there both letters and digits in the chassis number?
SNIP

Interesting looking trailer. It's possible it was remanufactured in Europe. It does look like a 1-ton "Ben Hur" trailer, but with new fenders and a few other mods. The US Army had extensive operations that dealt with such vehicle maintenance and production in West Germany, although I'm not aware specifically of anything like this. It would've been produced in relatively small numbers in any case if that was the source of the mods or it's possible they were made after it was sold at surplus.

For many/most/all NATO military vehicles, the serial number of the specific vehicle would stamped onto the attached plate. That's how our 1992 M101 CDN is, but from pics I've seen that's not really changed since WWII when this trailer was likely built. Maybe you have a pic of the plate you could post? If it says anything like "Serial number" or "Ser No." that would be the chassis number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom