Changing front rotors and repacking wheel bearings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Everyone, thanks for all the help and enouraging stories fom all of ya'll.

I called the local Pep Boy and they gave me a pretty reasonable price to install the rotors, parts and labor $360.

-J

[quote author=LX450 link=board=2;threadid=9538;start=msg84338#msg84338 date=1073224666]

I called the local Pep Boy and they gave me a pretty reasonable price to install the rotors, parts and labor $360.

-J
[/quote]

J- Don't do that. Do some research and find a good local shop that you can trust and have a long term relationship with. You will regret going to Pep boys or Jiffy lubes etc. etc.

You'll regret having it done there...

[quote author=LX450 link=board=2;threadid=9538;start=msg84338#msg84338 date=1073224666]

-J
[/quote]

Then you'll get what you deserve. :eek:

if you think its reasonable to have hacks take apart and put back together your truck, then save up for another session in about 6 months. i will bet you they will not put the required torque onto the spindle nuts and and will have to replace the bearing the next go round. i dont wish it upon you but if it will make you learn a leason....

i am under the impression that the folks on this and every other forum about a specific car,gun,boat, want to learn more about there stuff so that they can forego (sp) the hacks and expense of stealerships and feal good about the things they are maintaining and or using. if you dont want to use the info why bother to sign up. just and opinion, sorry if i offened.

Taking an 80 series to Pep Boys is like taking your Rolex to the Walmart camera bar........ :rolleyes:

Ok, Pep Boys is official off my list :ban:

I will take the advise of this board and take my time to look for a reputable mechanic.

Anyone one know of any good mechanics in the NYC or CT area?

-J

LX:

You may wanna' check with Eric (Erics-bruiser) on a reputable mech in CT..I think he's from up that way. Met him a week or so ago...heck of a nice guy. Send him a PM.

bkgiii,

What's Eric's username on this board, I couldn't find him on this board.

Thanks -J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom