changing brake pads on 2011 FJ Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've changed brake pads before but not on a fj cruiser (I've never worked on a FJ Cruiser)... I'm changing the break pads in the front and going to have the rotors re-surfaced. Before I open it up I want to make sure that I do everything rite. I heard to be careful with the ABS speed sensor.. Is there anything else that I need to be mindful of? please comment below.

Nothing you haven't seen before if you have done disc brakes. Support the caliper once it's removed from the spindle/hub with a bungee or strap. Be mindful of the wire to the speed sensor, and you may not have to remove the sensor itself.

you don't have to remove the sensor, just unclip it from the line bracket that bolts onto the knuckle. I also remove that bracket, gives a little more room to move the caliper around.

when you out it all back together don't anti seize or grease the pins, that will only cause dirt and brake dust to collect and will keep the apds from moving freely on the pins. best thing to di is just wire wheel them clean to remove rust and brake dust

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom