Center Rear View Mirror doesn't adjust enough (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm 6'4" and just bought a 2016 lc200. The rear view mirror won't adjust enough for me to see out the rear window. It won't tilt up enough. So I end up only seeing the lower half of the rear window. Anybody now of a solution.

I'm 6'4" and just bought a 2016 lc200. The rear view mirror won't adjust enough for me to see out the rear window. It won't tilt up enough. So I end up only seeing the lower half of the rear window. Anybody now of a solution.

Someone must have mounted it wrong after a windshield change or something...because my torso is the length of a 6'5" guy, and I can adjust it until I'm looking at the headliner!

Yeah, I'm 6'5" and have no issues with the rear view mirror positioning. My seat is lowered all the way to the ground fwiw.

I disabled the rain sensing water monitor and seem to think there might be some other adjustments in that housing at the base of the mirror?

Something is definitely wrong, I'm 6'5" and I have no problem adjusting the mirror.

Like Markuson above, I'm tall (6'6") and can adjust the mirror of my 2017 LC to see perfectly. Might want to sit in another one at a dealer, and see if yours is installed incorrectly.

Are us LC owners a tall group or what?

Last edited:
Like Markuson above, I'm tall (6'6") and can adjust the mirror of my 2017 LC to see perfectly. Might want to sit in another one at a dealer, and see if yours is installed incorrectly.

Are us LC owners a tall group or what?
I was just asking myself that same question reading this thread. I'm 6'4".

OP: yeah, something is not right with your mirror.

I was just asking myself that same question reading this thread. I'm 6'4".

OP: yeah, something is not right with your mirror.
6'4 here also, and no probs with the mirror at all... seems really weird

Probably not, but any chance your mirror is flipped (rotated 180 degrees)?

I'll add to the tall guy group at 6'6", not problems at all.

The rear view mirror is on a two pivot design. You can not only move the rear view like normal, but essentially raise and lower it. Look behind the mirror to see what I'm talking about.

This is on an '11, there may be design changes.

2017 mirror works fine - I'm 6'4".

BTW @Taco2Cruiser 6'6"???? Man I'm at the limit for headroom in the '17 I didn't think the '11 was any different.
That's weird, the 200 is the first car I've had that I wanted to raise the seat position because I sat too low. I have the seat all the way up, and I still have head room to spare. I have a long torso, so I'm not all legs. Guess I don't know what to say.

That's how I found the rear view has 2 pivots, because I played with basically raising and lowering the mirror to my liking.

Thanks for all the replies! I'll have a look at the dealer when I take it in for its 15k service.

I actually have the same issue. 6' 2" and no matter how high up I crank the rear view, it settles back down just enough to be annoying.

I actually have the same issue. 6' 2" and no matter how high up I crank the rear view, it settles back down just enough to be annoying.

I do run into the mirror slowly lowering it's angle over time. Just slightly, but enough to be annoying...

On the other hand,
I hear if you mirror stays up without drooping for more than four hours...
...you must seek immediate medical assistance. :rimshot:

:hillbilly:

Probably not, but any chance your mirror is flipped (rotated 180 degrees)?

^^This sounds funny but give it a try. While i'm equally tall, i have no issues with the rear view in the 200. I did have to do this flip with the tacoma mirror, to get it up higher since it's practically mounted in the middle of the windshield.

Check the windshield marking, it is OEM, with a 2016 i'm inclined to guess it's still original?

Can you snap a pic of the mirror and post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom