Center Diff Lock Indicator Light and ABS Light Not Working (1 Viewer)

I did two things in quick succession.

1) I installed a new Transfer Case
2) I installed a Center Diff Lock Switch

Now, when I engage the Center Diff Lock by moving into 4WD Low range, the Indicator Light for the Diff lock and ABS do not light up. I can feel that the center diff is in reality engaged, but the lights do not come on. Also, when I press the switch to lock the Center Diff while in High Range, the indicator lights do not come on. When I press the button, I can hear a noise coming from the dash that sounds like a relay activating, but I am not sure yet if the diff is really engaged.

So, what did i do wrong here? Any ideas? Have I blown a fuse somewhere? I looked, but I could not find one that is blow. Thanks in advance for your help.

Check the CDL position sensor and wiring. You may have left it unplugged, or the sensor, which presumably came with the 'new' (assuming used) transfer case, might be faulty.

Mine did that. Whoever installed the actuator did not have it setup properly. In other words it was not engaged where it was supposed to be so it did not move the shaft to fully engage. I removed actuator, plugged it in and went to 4 low. I then manually engaged the xfer case and put it back together. Worked like it should after that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom