Center Diff Bulb Replacement or Antenna Mast Bulb (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After lots of research and attempts to fixed the burned out bulbs in my center diff and antenna switches I finally have it figured out.

Here’s what I’ve learned along the way. The two very small bulbs that illuminate the center diff switch and antenna are non-replaceable from Toyota, and Toyota will make you replace the whole switch for $60+ (84010-60480). Seems like a lot for just a couple of bulbs.

Before (it’s blurry but only the hazards are illuminated)
967E9045-5D58-4131-AE89-7952E7B8A6E4.jpeg

Once you get the switch out, here is what you have. The big bulb is replaceable but the two smaller ones are not.

5456A731-0CAF-41A3-8B94-DA01C25C0A3D.jpeg

AC7F73A2-F0D4-4F32-ACB8-61E63DA579BB.jpeg

You just need some small bulbs used in the seat heaters or elsewhere throughout the interior. (84999-10310)
D70BF158-A7C2-40A6-B5E4-C78369826C4C.jpeg

Pull the leads out of both the burned out bulbs and the new bulbs and swap the new bulbs into the other bulb holder. The leads are longer on the new bulbs, but a little trimming with wire cutters takes care of this. Also don’t forget to swap over the bulb covers. To keep everything the nice green color. Bulb covers can be a little tricky to get off, might need someone with fingernails, get the Ms. to help.

7B28E5C9-D4E1-49F4-A2D5-E2DC4F398281.jpeg

Put it all back together and you should be all lit up again.

Thank you for the part number for the hazard bulb. I've not had much luck in my searches for that bulb. Does the new one come with the green bulb cover?

On another note, are the green bulb covers available from Toyota? For some reason my PWR/2ND switch is not green like the other switches in the truck.

I ordered a few to replace the seat heaters and the pwr/2nd switches. They didn't come with the green covers. The seat heater switches apparently don't require the covers.

Interesting. Yes 90010-09015 comes with a green cap. I haven’t dug into all my bulbs yet but I think my power second switch is also white. I have an ‘05 lx and the heater switch on low is green and on high is orange. It glows green if not in use. Haven’t dug in to see if that is a lense or bulb feature.

I purchased replacement bulbs for the antenna and diff lock, did the swap and still no luck, I then tested the old bulb while out to find out that it worked! So the bulb was never the issue... I'm under the assumption that there is a bad connector pin? Can anyone help me diag this without having to buy a new $60 switch panel?

Thanks in advance

can you get the white PCB separated from the black holder part? if so it might just be a case of waking up a cold solder joint on the back of the board and you can continuity test everything on the back of the board through to the end of connector.

can you get the white PCB separated from the black holder part? if so it might just be a case of waking up a cold solder joint on the back of the board and you can continuity test everything on the back of the board through to the end of the connector.
Thanks Kruisinkid. I looked but couldn't find anything abnormal re the solders. I'll tackle the climate control ones and if those don't work with bulb replacement I'll throw in the towel before dropping 60+ on a new board.

did you try flipping which way you put the LED in? they only work one way
can you post a pic of the back side of that board?

did you try flipping which way you put the LED in? they only work one way
can you post a pic of the back side of that board?
I'm actually replacing them with direct replacement bulbs. I realized that the bulb I took out worked fine after testing it with a battery. I didn't take a pic of the backside of the board but if I take apart again I surely will.

I also have this problem. All 3 switches function but only the hazard illuminates.
I performed the bulb transplant surgery last night, it was pretty fun. I thought it didn't work initially but this morning i see they are once again illuminated. Think Toyota had a better bulb in there than the one i swapped in, it's not quite as bright. But all good!

Last edited:
I also have this problem. All 3 switches function but only the hazard illuminates.
I performed the bulb transplant surgery last night, it was pretty fun. I thought it didn't work initially but this morning i see they are once again illuminated. Think Toyota had a better bulb in there than the one i swapped in, it's not quite as bright. But all good!
Well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom