CEL P0133 - Usual culprit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been throwing this code for the past six months and I'd like to fix it now. My initial guess is the front O2 sensor needs changing. Discuss.

Well you could always test the O2 sensor per the FSM. If it is out of spec order a new one.

That sounds like a lot of work, lol. I plan on just replacing the sensor if that usually fixes the problem. Anybody else have the PO133 and fixed it with something other than replacing the O2 sensor?

Well if that is the case....then just order a new set and be done with it. How many miles on the ones you have now?

No exhaust leaks?

No exhaust leaks that I know of. I imagine that the sensor on there now is original and I'm right at 170k miles. I don't want to buy one if everyone on here that's had this code tells me that it didn't fix their issue, but if the majority of mudders say that a simple sensor swap fixed it, then that's what I'll do.

Yeah, if that is the recommended and usual fix, I will go with OEM from Cdan. With that comment, I plan on Cdan chiming in saying that a sensor swap is the only fix. :D

I was getting PO130 and PO133 codes. I called CDan, put 2 new sensors in and never had those codes again. I ordered a few new O2 sensor nuts when I ordered my stuff, heard too many stories of people having to cut them off due to rust. You may not have that problem in Texas.

I think it could only be the O2 sensors or an exhaust leak. In any case...I'd say they are due.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom