CDL won't lock. Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I bought an FJ80 a few months ago. It's a 93 with only a center locking differential.

Just recently I had someone redo the breaks In the front. They did a great job and I am not sure if it's coincidence or not but my CDL won't lock anymore. Any ideas what has gone wrong? Still shifts into 4x4 low perfectly fine .... just won't lock. (It has a button to lock it when in high and it's a mandatory lock in low. )

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or even a place to start in order to trouble shoot.

Thanks!

Can you confirm it's actually not locking? When I got mine, the light would not come on but it would actually lock. It turns out that a switch needed to be cleaned as it was fouled from not being used. Sometimes I have to cycle the button a few times to get the light, but it still locks and unlocked.

Can you confirm it's actually not locking? When I got mine, the light would not come on but it would actually lock. It turns out that a switch needed to be cleaned as it was fouled from not being used. Sometimes I have to cycle the button a few times to get the light, but it still locks and unlocked.
Thank you for the response. So I'm not 100 percent sure it's not locked... the reason I believe it isn't is because i locked it in a parking lot and turned tight circles and there was no skipping. Is that a valid test?

I like to jack up one front wheel with the transmission in neutral and see if I can spin it, but driving in circles works as well! Can you hear the little motor whirring? I don't have much experience with issues outside of the light switch, but there are many here who know the whole system.

I like to jack up one front wheel with the transmission in neutral and see if I can spin it, but driving in circles works as well! Can you hear the little motor whirring? I don't have much experience with issues outside of the light switch, but there are many here who know the whole system.
I can not hear the motor whirring. However Ive never noticed that when it was working either. Hmm. Maybe I'll try your test method this evening just to confirm. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom