CDL schematic for 92?? please? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My CDL isn't working, and hasn't for some time.

I have two manuals (pdf) one is for a 92 and the other for a 96, neither have the electrical schematic for that switch. I'd like to chase the issue down today while I have my cruiser in the bay at the office. The 92 manual I have shows a 2wd/4wd switch

It's -27c outside and I'm not sure the cummins will start in 5 hours when I go home if its in the parking lot.

Anyone with the CDL for a 92 schematic available please let me know!

Last edited:
Is this what you're looking for?
1677175959784.png

If it is, I uploaded a copy of the chassis repair manual (EWD only a couple of days ago). It's in the Resources section. This is page 22. There is no item "CDL" only the EWD; What is there is T2 (transfer 2-4 control motor actuator), T3 (transfer L4 position switch) T10 (transfer control relay) and T11 (transfer control switch).

IIRC, there's nothing in the early transfer cases to lock; it's either engaged 4H or 4L.
1677176701352.png

Maybe @jonheld can shed some light on the particulars of the early models.

Last edited:
1677176823006.png

1677176864628.png

1677177080677.png

My CDL isn't working, and hasn't for some time.

I have two manuals (pdf) one is for a 92 and the other for a 96, neither have the electrical schematic for that switch. I'd like to chase the issue down today while I have my cruiser in the bay at the office. The 92 manual I have shows a 2wd/4wd switch

It's -27c outside and I'm not sure the cummins will start in 5 hours when I go home if its in the parking lot.

Anyone with the CDL for a 92 schematic available please let me know!
-27c? you know you're allowed to live somewhere else right?

4wd.PNG

Last edited:
Chances are pretty good it’s just gunked up from the old grease. But it could be an electrical issue. There are a ton of threads on this one. I ended going through replacing a couple sensors and ended up pulling it and it was just stuck with the old yellow grease. Cleaned and lined and now it works like new.

-27c? you know you're allowed to live somewhere else right?

View attachment 3256227
This one is better, its still weird, I don't see indicator light wiring. If I understand correctly, "IF1" should be the pin connector to the back of the CDL button, and there should be at least an indicator and maybe dash illumination shown to the "IF1" connector on that sheet.

From this though, I should have power on the yellow wire, I think I can tie into the B-R (black with red stripe) with power and see if it will go.

@UsedLuxury I'm almost done with this weather and ready for a warmer climate. I was talking about a good logo or image for an engraving the other day and my buddy from philadelphia said how about a jacket and blanket for this place, I think I might do a skull and crossbones logo now but have a scarf and wool socks in place of the crossbones. I'm ready for south america or something, this is getting old.

@Malleus Thanks for the links, it seems the same, that must be an aussie or euro version with the 2WD/4WD schematic, which it seems uses roughly the same pins and wiring but shows diff locks as well.

Edit: bulb was burnt out on the switch, I replaced that, not operating. Gonna pull the center diff control relay next but I need a 10mm deep socket apparently which I lack at the moment.
I suspect its either the control module or a bad position switch. I can't hear or feel a relay click when I push the button.

Last edited:
This one is better, its still weird, I don't see indicator light wiring. If I understand correctly, "IF1" should be the pin connector to the back of the CDL button, and there should be at least an indicator and maybe dash illumination shown to the "IF1" connector on that sheet.

From this though, I should have power on the yellow wire, I think I can tie into the B-R (black with red stripe) with power and see if it will go.

@UsedLuxury I'm almost done with this weather and ready for a warmer climate. I was talking about a good logo or image for an engraving the other day and my buddy from philadelphia said how about a jacket and blanket for this place, I think I might do a skull and crossbones logo now but have a scarf and wool socks in place of the crossbones. I'm ready for south america or something, this is getting old.

@Malleus Thanks for the links, it seems the same, that must be an aussie or euro version with the 2WD/4WD schematic, which it seems uses roughly the same pins and wiring but shows diff locks as well.

Edit: bulb was burnt out on the switch, I replaced that, not operating. Gonna pull the center diff control relay next but I need a 10mm deep socket apparently which I lack at the moment.
I suspect its either the control module or a bad position switch. I can't hear or feel a relay click when I push the button.
No, the EWD I posted covers all models. You need to review the entire page, and download the EWD for yourself. The 80 came from the factory with and without diff locks.
1677182439027.png

The light wiring is in this section of the page I posted a clip from.

The color EWD posted isn't for your year model.

No, the EWD I posted covers all models. You need to review the entire page, and download the EWD for yourself. The 80 came from the factory with and without diff locks.
View attachment 3256288
The light wiring is in this section of the page I posted a clip from.

The color EWD posted isn't for your year model.

That might be the case, the thing is that this schematic doesn't show the light wiring with the harness connection (from what I see) and appeared to be possibly different.

Or maybe I'm backwards on this, I thought the small light on the CDL switch would flash when the CDL button was pushed until it engaged. Maybe its just a dash light. I had a part time t-case out of a 60 series in it for a really long time and my memory is maybe playing tricks on me.

Regardless, it should help me chase down the issue. (Thanks!)

Edit: I just checked, it is a dash illumination light (the source of my confusion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom