Cb radio setup help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000UZJ

Where's My Hammer?
Threads
I just put my CB in... I don't know how to tune ( and don't want to buy a SWR meter if I can borrow one for for a day). I also need help grounding. I have to clue. Any tips would be great. I'm usually in gainesville, but on weekends I'm down in sandy springs. Let me know if you can give me a hand! :)

Thanks guys

Where at in gainesville? I'm in Flowery branch? Do you live/work in Gainesville?

If you're grounding your antennae it should be fairly simple. But I don't have a SWR and never used one. ;)

I'm by Thompson Bridge and right by the lake. What do I attach the grounding wire to? It has a really sh*#ty diagram. But the 4foot firestik sure is nice! Just gotta get on the air.

Depends on how the antenna mount is attached to your vehicle. My last one I had on my truck toolbox (DD) I just ran a wire down to the point that my side steps attached to the frame. But if you're attached directly to the body you may be alright.

Or just run a simple wire and attach to the frame or good "known" grounded surface( ie. an unpainted surface).

It's a 274R mini-kit drilled into my rear tailgate hatch.

Should I run a ground wire into the mount( unscrew antenna, put ground wire and tighten antenna ontop?). Then run it onto a frame recovery point screw. Ill try that. I know I may burn up the CB unit. But can I listen for a receiving signal if my antenna isn't tuned?

That's basically how mine was setup. I didn't tune it at all. And never let out the factory smoke. But yeah, do like you said and you can listen all day. It's when you hit that mic button that it may go poof (but I highly doubt it). Heck my CB in the trail rig won't tune properly and it still works all day long.

I'm gunna do that. If it does blow. Ill take it to walmart an say it doesn't wok. It's 35 bucks. Ill just get a new one if all else fails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom