CB radio help (1 Viewer)

My CB radio is always showing busy . Receiving.
and there is lots of static.
The antenna tuned.
This is on all the channels.

I have Uniden CMX760.

Thanks

WB8LBZ

SILVER Star
Hi Mike,
I have a ham friend that is having extreme noise from the power lines but only near his house. Have you tried checking the noise level a few miles from your house?

Larry in El Paso

Elbert

SILVER Star
assume you have tried to resolve with the squelch. But if not thats the first place I would look. Then my experience has been that the physical location of the antenna might be a problem, and or feedback from the ALT. I think one of the golden rules I recall was that you needed to get your ground and power feed directly from the battery.

Hi Mike,
I have a ham friend that is having extreme noise from the power lines but only near his house. Have you tried checking the noise level a few miles from your house?

Larry in El Paso
This occurs all the time whether I'm on the road or sitting at home away from power wires.

assume you have tried to resolve with the squelch. But if not thats the first place I would look. Then my experience has been that the physical location of the antenna might be a problem, and or feedback from the ALT. I think one of the golden rules I recall was that you needed to get your ground and power feed directly from the battery.
Turning on the squech only turns off the static noise but I could still see the radio busy by the receive meter.

Power comes from directly from the battery through an auxiliary fuse block.

Shortpencils

Will work for Heater Tees
GOLD Star
Do you have any cables, power or otherwise, passing by the ecm? This can be a killer, though it seems it’s an issue in some vehicles and not in others.

Second, I would bypass the fuse block and see if that helps. Best practice is to run your power directly to the battery without passing through a fuse block, as Elbert said.

It's hard to get a good signal without a sufficiently large antenna, and something metal to stick it on. All the portables suck but have you tried handheld radio though, which I think would work for you if you don't want a permanent fixing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom