Caught cheating.....on the 25's. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJnotCJ said:
I'd guess late '61-early '63

We have a winner! 1962 ;p

Winner gets a chunk of the frame that fell off in back! :flipoff2:

John, no vacuum wipers, that 's a 25 only thing, but you never know. Here's the data plate:
vin.JPG

Cruiser_Nerd said:
Going to get some shuteye, I can rest easy knowing exactly why this one got retired.......

Let this be a lesson. Never put an alternator on an early Cruiser, the stress will break the block. :flipoff2:
I'm totally screwed now... My '66 FJ45LPB (soon to be FJ25LPB...) has both a Delco alt. AND a Delco distributor.:doh:

Jim, can you hook me up with a windshield frame and maybe the rear doors?:D

Nick

So I babysit the grand kids last night and then go back this morning and work there all day. So I miss this. The tail lights would be the biggest giveaway. The bezels are something people put on thair later 40s all the time, I've done it. but The small tail lights were something alot of people got rid of, the 64 thru 68 had larger ones. I have 2-FJ40-16956, titled as a 63. So if I can read your's it's 2-FJ40-16829. I can't read the year in the upper left but I guess a late 62 ar early 63 model year. What's the year stamp read?

What kind of door hardware? Roof vent hardware? What kind of tranny? Does it have the early side shift? Carb, oil bath aircleaner? I can't see from the picture does it have the tall pillar behind the door. The big question Jim why did you pick it up what did you want off of it? Seems I remember something about "MY BUYING DAYS ARE OVER".

I finally got something packaged and shipped Jim, I'll Email you a tracking #

John

foxfab said:
Phil,

I have one that is REAL ugly if you're interested.

Lenses? I've never seen one up close are the lenses the same as the 63-up lenses? Curious, was thinking of making a couple out of the single lensed ones

Geeeez, Fox has the turn signals, now I'm gonna have to restore it. :rolleyes:

I was looking at those Phil, and I think the lens actually screwed in like a jar lid.

Believe it or not, I need the passenger seat, and the rearview mirror.

John, not sure if it was supposed to have the side shift. This top shift was in back and there's a '70ish one installed.

Bought it for the passenger seat, rearview mirror, steering wheel, hardware stuff and motor bolt-on parts (which were gone or swapped). Thought I could use the top to make a FJ25 plow truck someday.

And my FJ25 Buying days are over.
transfer.JPG

I think that may be the typical 3 speed/trans combo, not the earliest FJ40 trans/tcase (noted by 4 bolt bearing cover on tcase)

Did I guess right on the VIN#? If the number is lower than mine it should have the early transmission. I think the doors and stamped bezel all changed around the same time. What about the doors? Is there any early door hardware?

John

VIN is 2FJ40-16829 so you guessed right. I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't the original tranny. Windows are wind-up, not sliders, with the bug catcher vent windows.

So Jim was the VIN plate stamped 62 or 63? If you notice the stamped "LAND CRUISER" bezel but no toyota emblem in the grill. They started the Toyota emblem after they stopped the stamped bezel.

So Jim here's your change to make that custom deluxe FJ25.:rolleyes: Chrome strip on the hood, Tbird, stamped bezel (of course have it chrome), chrome bars in the grill, fit the Toyota emblem in there some where. Now just add chrome hooks and bumper and your set. Why not fit the chrome headlight rings on the outside of the bezel. Just find some custom deluxe emblems from a old chevy truck. Wait a minute the custom deluxe model was the stripped one:confused:

John

Living in the Past said:
So Jim here's your change to make that custom deluxe FJ25. Why not fit the chrome headlight rings on the outside of the bezel.
If it's got a stinkin' bezel, it ain't no 25. :flipoff2:
Plus, I'd say you've got some rear wheel openings to round off a tad.

Either going to use the top on a soft top tub, or build a hardtop 25. Plenty of quarter panels kicking around to fix that wheelwell problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom