Castor for 39's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would that mean that on a trail rig 0* would be beneficial?

Less stress on steering box, and no undesirable wheel straightening up:)

so would this beneficial??

Setting caster to zero will make it a scary ride. It wont want to go straight to save its life... You will have to HOLD THE WHEEL and pay attention because it will dart from left to right like its on crack. Very bad mojo...

Positive caster is just as the picture states. IF you insist on calling it negative even though the upper kingpin is tilted to the rear of the truck all your doing is making yourself to sound like a fool. (no offense) :beer:

Negative caster makes it easier to turn the wheel. Positive makes it track better. Both pos. and neg. caster will make the wheel return to center. Pos. just makes it go straight better but with some added resistance.

Ive seen some Mercedes spec'ed at almost 20 deg pos. caster.

Suspension version 2 for our Camaro will be in the neighborhood of 7-8 deg. pos.

My FJ40 will be around 8-10 deg. pos. Better for higher speeds and I want it to go straight when on the road without having to pay ALOT of attention to it. :steer:

If you have any type of power steering system I see no reason to set caster to a neg. number.

This is my opinion and may or may not reflect the veiws of those who may or may not give a crap...

Chris:cool:

:cheers:
I do give a **** and your comments are well worthwhile.

And by having such a big positive castor in your L/C how does it affect how heavy the steering is?
If I plan on running Hydro-assist will it make any difference?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom