Cascade Vehicle Tents 40% OFF Black Friday Sale (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hojack

♠️Project Snowball❄️
Threads
Cascade Foothills above Eagle Creek, Oregon 🇺🇸
AA7922A5-5A4C-43EF-8E79-08C730BE1A8A.jpeg

The Landcruiser is about the best overland vehicle out there. A rooftop tent just seems to complete the 60 for overlanding. Able to camp wherever your 60 takes you.
The Hardshell tents have always been my favorite. Quick to setup and secure. The Roofnest Sparrow Eye and CVT Mt. Baker are the 2 I’ve been looking at. I really like the A-frame design. Since CVT is in Oregon I wanted to reach out to them about their Baker hardshell.

7ACDCF68-3BCB-4353-9EE6-0E5E1A4124A9.jpeg

Mt. Baker | Cascadia Vehicle Tents

cascadiatents.com
cascadiatents.com
Not needing one right away I asked them earlier this summer if they have a Balck Friday sale, they said they probably would but wouldn’t go into detail. Patiently I’ve waited for November to find out about Black Friday.
I called CVT about their Mt. Baker Hardshell to see if they had any idea what their Black Friday prices were going to be. Much to my surprise Jon emailed me back and said it looks like some models will be 40% off. Later he emailed me back saying that included the Mt. Baker and Mt. St. Helens Hardshells.
Jon sent me over some pricing on the Mt. Baker Hardshell. They have a fiberglass and PVC shell. Below is pricing for either one. Fortunately Bend, Oregon is a 2.5-3 hr drive for me so I’ll be headed down to check out these RTT’s.

CVT has 2 locations,
Bend, Oregon
Chattanooga, Tennessee

I thought others who were on the fence about a RTT may want to know these crazy prices.
Fiberglass shell

A345E281-2E86-438B-B393-0C09F73CC466.jpeg

ABS shell

355F2A61-7521-4BB2-8206-300B9CEFB561.jpeg

Sale runs 11/29 thru 12/8

Last edited:
AA7922A5-5A4C-43EF-8E79-08C730BE1A8A.jpeg

The Landcruiser is about the best overland vehicle out there. A rooftop tent just seems to complete the 60 for overlanding. Able to camp wherever your 60 takes you.
The Hardshell tents have always been my favorite. Quick to setup and secure. The Roofnest Sparrow Eye and CVT Mt. Baker are the 2 I’ve been looking at. I really like the A-frame design. Since CVT is in Oregon I wanted to reach out to them about their Baker hardshell.

7ACDCF68-3BCB-4353-9EE6-0E5E1A4124A9.jpeg

Mt. Baker | Cascadia Vehicle Tents

cascadiatents.com
cascadiatents.com
Not needing one right away I asked them earlier this summer if they have a Balck Friday sale, they said they probably would but wouldn’t go into detail. Patiently I’ve waited for November to find out about Black Friday.
I called CVT about their Mt. Baker Hardshell to see if they had any idea what their Black Friday prices were going to be. Much to my surprise Jon emailed me back and said it looks like some models will be 40% off. Later he emailed me back saying that included the Mt. Baker and Mt. St. Helens Hardshells.
Jon sent me over some pricing on the Mt. Baker Hardshell. They have a fiberglass and PVC shell. Below is pricing for either one. Fortunately Bend, Oregon is a 2.5-3 hr drive for me so I’ll be headed down to check out these RRT’s.

CVT has 2 locations,
Bend, Oregon
Chattanooga, Tennessee

I thought others who were on the fence about a RRT may want to know these crazy prices.
Fiberglass shell

A345E281-2E86-438B-B393-0C09F73CC466.jpeg

PVC shell

355F2A61-7521-4BB2-8206-300B9CEFB561.jpeg

Sale runs 11/29 thru 12/8
These are great deals, I appreciate the notice! There are scarce details on these tents as far as specs, even on their site, are they available somewhere? Also, do you know why someone would choose Plastic over fiber or vice versa? I assume weight, and perhaps performance when it's cold or something?

The Mt. Baker is comparable to a full size mattress. Fiberglass is heavier but supposedly more durable. The link to their site on the thread post has a product spec sheet.

Looks like a great tent, but as I mentioned in the other forum section, no real specs available on this tent, other than what you can glean from the build options. For clarification the hardshell has two options Fiberglass and ABS plastic (+$300 premium). I would think the ABS is more durable than the Fiberglass and requires less maintenance, but does add weight to the package.

The link to "View Full Tent Specs" just takes you to the Compare Tents page and it only compares the soft shell tents.
The Manuals & Downloads page only has 3 products listed (none are Mt Baker) and several empty template buttons.

Looks like a great tent, but as I mentioned in the other forum section, no real specs available on this tent, other than what you can glean from the build options. For clarification the hardshell has two options Fiberglass and ABS plastic (+$300 premium). I would think the ABS is more durable than the Fiberglass and requires less maintenance, but does add weight to the package.

The link to "View Full Tent Specs" just takes you to the Compare Tents page and it only compares the soft shell tents.
The Manuals & Downloads page only has 3 products listed (none are Mt Baker) and several empty template buttons.
Yeah, other than it being "full size" there aren't L, W, H and weight dimensions etc and the site is quite lacking...

I’ve been chatting with Tim Nickles @ Roofnest. Super helpful and was considering a Roofnest Sparrow Eye. I passed the CVT pricing to him to see what he thought. Tim said that price was amazing for their hardshells. He’s been super friendly even considering I’m looking at the competition. Roofnest is also running a Black Friday deal too, I believe $400 off which still puts theirs over the $2K price. Tim helped me decide I’m most likely going to go ABS.

1FFA438B-A890-4B0B-876A-856B230D1700.jpeg

It's crazy that the Mt St Helens is only 32" High when opened, I've never seen another one under 34". That model would normally be my preference, but that couple of inches may matter?

It's crazy that the Mt St Helens is only 32" High when opened, I've never seen another one under 34". That model would normally be my preference, but that couple of inches may matter?
I’m going to CVT on Black Friday to checkout their tents.
I’ve also been in contact with Tim the owner of Roofnest and he’s super cool. Only reasons I’m looking at CVT is they have a killer deal and are a short drive to check these out. I’ve never been in a RTT before. I like the clamshell style tents for the added height to sit up inside. This thread is not to only push CVT but also look at Roofnest. I’m finding out from Tim their Black Friday deals.

I there with ya, was hoping to pull the trigger on their Mt. Baker, but they won't budge on price till BF. So now I'm also looking into the iKamper setup.

I’m going to CVT on Black Friday to checkout their tents.
I’ve also been in contact with Tim the owner of Roofnest and he’s super cool. Only reasons I’m looking at CVT is they have a killer deal and are a short drive to check these out. I’ve never been in a RTT before. I like the clamshell style tents for the added height to sit up inside. This thread is not to only push CVT but also look at Roofnest. I’m finding out from Tim their Black Friday deals.
Yeah, I don't mean to sound critical of you, or appear to be "killing the messenger," I really appreciate the information, and the only reason that I'm so invested in this thread, is that they really do seem like an excellent deal, even for me who already has a RTT.

Here’s the image posted to CVT’s Instagram...no warranty? :confused:

2CFDFA99-2EE6-431E-A695-19F72F2DE032.png

It’s back, with comments. I gave the sales team a call and they’re closing out on those hardshells and bringing in new products next year, but will be able to “supply parts and pieces” if something goes wrong.

A2885332-178D-42F9-B0E9-0F129C4AC4FA.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom