Cargo protection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Never heard of the first one, but it looks nice.

I've been using the Japan spec Toyota 3rd row covers since about March. I like the pockets on them. Don't know why they don't just offer them in the U.S. directly. I didn't get mine through eBay. Paid about $105/USD through Japanparts.com at the time, but obviously the price is subject to exchange rate...

The covers work quite well. I had posted a pic of them installed somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it.

image.jpeg

I really appreciate the feedback. I didn't know about japanparts.com. I can get covers there now for $86 delivered. What a great deal.

Last edited:
Do you know if those will work on the LX? I would expect so, but not sure.

As an LC owner, the only difference that I'm aware of between LC and LX third row is that the LX has power and LC has manual stowing seats. So I don't see why they wouldn't be a perfect fit on the LX as well.

I want to protect my cargo area and I have seen two products

One discussed on Lexus forum made here in US.
New Canvasback cargo protection - Club Lexus Forums

Also something sold in Japan you can buy through Ebay
Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Third Seat Cover Case Set Genuine OEM Parts 2008-2016

Any experience with the covers sold through ebay? Any good quality pictures? Cheaper price?

Just a thought, but have you considered removing your third row seats?
If you don't use them...they really free up a ton of space.
I removed mine from my Cruiser... I supposed it's possibly more difficult with electric seat movement...not sure, but thought I'd mention it.
It's amazing how much more useful the cargo area is without those seats folded up...

m

Just a thought, but have you considered removing your third row seats?
If you don't use them...they really free up a ton of space.
I removed mine from my Cruiser... I supposed it's possibly more difficult with electric seat movement...not sure, but thought I'd mention it.
It's amazing how much more useful the cargo area is without those seats folded up...

m

Unfortunately, I will need them couple times a year when I have guests visiting. I have not even considered removing them. How easy is it to remove and put them back in. If it is 10 minute thing that could be a good option.

Luke - Do you have an LC or LX? I was under the impression that the LC's were manual and therefore much easier to R2 than the electrically powered LX seats.

Luke - Do you have an LC or LX? I was under the impression that the LC's were manual and therefore much easier to R2 than the electrically powered LX seats.
16 LC with manual so looks like the removal shouldn't be that bad. I would have to find a good floor mat to cover carpet holes.

I'm pretty sure somewhere around here someone posted about sourcing cargo mats from outside U.S. where third row seats are optional.

16 LC with manual so looks like the removal shouldn't be that bad. I would have to find a good floor mat to cover carpet holes.

I just went to Home Depot...bought an inexpensive outdoor rug...cut it to a break-fit...and tucked it tightly under the side molding in the cargo area. It came out GREAT. Cost all of $15. I'll have to snap a few photos...

Do the 200's 3rd row bolt in similar to the 80 series or pop in and out like the 100? I am guessing that they bolt in similar to the LX, but since the LX is powered, they could be different.

For both the 80 and 100, I have the 3rd row seats sitting on a top shelf in my garage in individual bags. I may do the same with my LX seats, given that our youngest is now almost 15 and is hinting towards her own LC.o_O

Does anyone know if Toy or Lex make covers for where the LX's 3rd row bolts in?

Canvas Back is quality product. Have the liner for my GL 450.

Do the 200's 3rd row bolt in similar to the 80 series or pop in and out like the 100? I am guessing that they bolt in similar to the LX, but since the LX is powered, they could be different.

For both the 80 and 100, I have the 3rd row seats sitting on a top shelf in my garage in individual bags. I may do the same with my LX seats, given that our youngest is now almost 15 and is hinting towards her own LC.o_O

Does anyone know if Toy or Lex make covers for where the LX's 3rd row bolts in?

200s bolt in. Removal requires a few turns of the socket wrench. There are no known covers, most of us have come up with our own solution to covering them. There are few threads in the archives that go into more detail.

Has anyone asked Beno about if he can order full coverage weather or carpet type rear cargo area mats from the non-USA Toyota market?

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Took my seats out of my '11 LX this morning with the help of a cheap set of trim tools from AutoZone. The shop manual illustrations showed the tabs and snaps and gave me confidence to pry at the right places.

I bought a 4' x 6' piece of indoor/outdoor carpet at Lowe's and cut to fit. Turned out OK, I think. I put some carpet tape on the bottom, but the true test will be whether or not it stays in place with the dog moving around and cargo being pulled in and out. If it doesn't work, I may buy some 1/4" rubber matting that Lowe's sells, sort of like some types of door mats, cut it to fit, and just lay it in there.

If anyone wants a scan of the shop manual showing the seat removal, PM me your email address.

IMG_20151220_120444502.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom