Cargo Area Interior Side Panel Removal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks, Has anyone managed to remove the side panel (driver’s side) back in the cargo/3rd row area? I’m trying to remove the panel to see if there’s any dead space I can hide some electronics for my solar setup. I’ve been pulling, prying, and scratching my head for the last hour.
Any tips?

46F8B24A-7B4D-4F9F-B32A-181E7AB66CA0.jpeg

You need to remove the whole side panel, and the parts for that arm rest unscrew from behind. I've recently posted instructions for how to remove the cargo area panel.

Not a great photo, but you can see two of the screws in the upper section slightly to the right in this photo.

IMG_8272.jpeg

Nice 911. :)

The head in the background of that photo of mine is off a parts 3.4 from a 2000 carerra.

Last edited:
You need to start by removing the tail gate bridge.. and go from there, start at the back. Like said above you need to take the whole panel off.

Seems to me the drive side had more stuff behind it than the passenger.

You need to start by removing the tail gate bridge.. and go from there, start at the back. Like said above you need to take the whole panel off.

Seems to me the drive side had more stuff behind it than the passenger.
The whole rear AC takes up a ton of space on the (US) driver side, then again, the giant subwoofer enclosure eats a ton of room on the passenger side. There's a fair bit of room in the jack storage compartment area, especially if you ditch the jack and take off the bin attached to the removable door panel.

IMG_8066.jpg
IMG_8067.jpg
IMG_8068.jpg
IMG_8069.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea what that little plug looking thing is under the cupholder? Its electrical and I cannot find a single thing abput it even in the users manual.

Does anyone have any idea what that little plug looking thing is under the cupholder? Its electrical and I cannot find a single thing abput it even in the users manual.

That is a temperature sensor for heat/air conditioner.

How difficult is to remove the upper pillar plastics in order to remove the third row seat belts?

How difficult is to remove the upper pillar plastics in order to remove the third row seat belts?

It's not hard if you do not have cargo boxes installed. but it's not super easy. If you have cargo boxes then they need to come out or at least loosen up, then the fit kit must come out if you have that. Then you need to remove the tail gate bridge. Then that strip that runs side to side under the bridge (this piece has some pop clips that I broke last time but you can get some spares easy). Then the side panels come out.

There are some threads with details on how to do this especially under the rear bumper installs.

Victory4x4 actually made a great video that details how to get most everything off in the rear load area...

its for the rear camera relocation bracket.. if your wondering but covers the hatch, headliner (if your running cables), and the rear quarter panels in general. Pretty much everything else if self explanatory.

Perfect, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom