Carburetor issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I have a 1969 fj40 and I’m having trouble with the carburetor. I have rebuilt it and it runs great but I have to have it at about 3/4 choke. I’ve checked for vacuum leaks and I can’t find any, I have hooked up a vacuum gauge and it is rock steady. I have even raised the float level a little thinking I didnt have enough gas in the bowl but still can’t get it it idle without choking it. It runs great on the road but just doesnt want to idle! Help!

Welcome to the forum. Your symptoms sound like a non functioning fuel cutoff solenoid which is on the carb. Make sure the wire is connected. When you turn the key to "on" you should hear it click.

Welcome to the forum. Your symptoms sound like a non functioning fuel cutoff solenoid which is on the carb. Make sure the wire is connected. When you turn the key to "on" you should hear it click.
Cool thanks it’s there but not wired up I’ll get on it

Resolved? I’d offer some suggestions, but not sure which of the three iterations for ‘69 you have.

Resolved? I’d offer some suggestions, but not sure which of the three iterations for ‘69 you have.
Thanks for your help. I got the issue resolved, the wire to the solenoid was not making connection plus after I fixed that I noticed the accelerator pump was not working took the carb apart and found the weight on the steel ball was stuck. Fixed that and noticed some corrosion on the pump housing , cleaned that also now it works and runs perfectly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom