Car audio install - DIY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice on the install. I have a 12" Memphis Audio subwoofer in a ported truck box in my rig along with the Pioneer DEH-P4800MP head unit and a 250 Watt Phoenix Gold Amplifier. I love it, me being 17, of course I want that huge bass and this one sub sets off car alarms and rattles windows. Thank god for ported boxes and friends that are car audio experts.

I'll take that setup, and bring you two cases of beer, you pick the flavor.
When are you available?

What's wrong with JL Audio????

I guess it depends on what you call "poor" and "quality", most amps that go over to the far easy to be made turn to crap.. Hi-Fonics was like this, there was a time that their amps were as good as it got, that time is gone and the same can be said about JL Audio.. I would say that ANY company willing to rate their amp in RMS is just for crap.. It's a fine baseline but not a real picture! I ran my two Type-Rs with a JL Audio amp until my real amp came.. The JL was 1,200 Watts!! I hook up my 400 watt Zed Audio Minilith to the same system and almost blew the subs..

There are real amps and their are amps that put their advertising all over everything and are nothing but hype.. More of the best subs (SoundSplinter and so on) are not out there in mags and so on.. Think about it, all those adds cost money, money that isn't going into the sub but you're still paying for..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom