Canvas Soft Top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if anyone knows what type of canvas Ehsan in Pakistan is using for the the OEM style soft tops he's making? Specifically the weight, where it's from, if it's 100% cotton, is it treated/waterproofed with anything.

I did a search and did not find anything specific on the material.

Thanks!

i don't know the specifics with ehsan's top, but i do know that you can get the fabric off of mcmaster carr. check out their website, they have 15oz treated canvas. olive drab, fire resistant, mildew resistant, blah blah blah. i know you can get 18 oz somewhere, but i dont' know how much 3 oz/square yard is going to make.

a downside to the mcmaster carr material is it only comes 36" wide if you want the olive drab treated stuff. it's something you'd have to think about when designing or making a soft top. the ceiling couldn't be one piece.

I was wondering if anyone knows what type of canvas Ehsan in Pakistan is using for the the OEM style soft tops he's making?
Thanks!

it's a double layer vinyl, not canvas

The next round of tops were available in canvas, I ordered mine in Tan canvas, Larry

Right, he's making both vinyl and canvas now. I was wondering what weight the canvas is and if it's treated. I don't think anyone stateside has received one (canvas top) yet but many were ordered in the last couple of group orders. Since no one has one here to post a description of it, I was thinking that Ehsan might have explained the canvas material he was using. Can't seem to find the info though.

damn...wish i gotten canvas instead.

Why? What don't you like about your Vinyl top? :confused:

I ordered Canvas and now I'm wondering if Vinyl might have been a better choice since I'll be using it in rain, snow, cold, as well as the heat here in CO.

too much stretch to vinyl for me to like. also, i like the look of canvas better.

too much stretch to vinyl for me to like. also, i like the look of canvas better.

You might be better off. There's canvas...........and then there's canvas. A pretty wide range of material quality within that word. And if you think that canvas dooesn't stretch then you've never lived in an army squad sized tent. :)

I just saw this thread. The canvas we are using is 20 ounces so its quite a heavy one. It is waxed so its somewhat water proof too. It is not treated with any anti fungal agents (Canvak etc?). These are not available here in Pakistan.
Ehsan

Thanks Ehsan! Exactly the info I needed. Wow, 20oz per square yard? That is heavy duty! :) Sounds great. I'm really looking forward to getting my Canvas top!
:bounce: :bounce2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom