Can’t get door open??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My sons 96 Land Cruiser passenger side front door is shut and I can’t get it open. Finally managed to get the door panel off. It seems it’s unlocked but I can’t get the mechanism to release. I’m not sure what to do. Anybody got any ideas or dealt with this before??

I’m taking the driver side panel off and looking at the mechanics in that door and see what I can figure out.

Any help would be appreciated.

My sons 96 Land Cruiser passenger side front door is shut and I can’t get it open. Finally managed to get the door panel off. It seems it’s unlocked but I can’t get the mechanism to release. I’m not sure what to do. Anybody got any ideas or dealt with this before??

I’m taking the driver side panel off and looking at the mechanics in that door and see what I can figure out.

Any help would be appreciated.
I had this happen also

It was the spring in the latch inside the door.

Look here PDL (Pesky door latch) Confirmed! Here's the fix/PM!! - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/pdl-pesky-door-latch-confirmed-heres-the-fix-pm.55406/

you have to finesse it because the door latch spring came out. Sometimes rolling the window down and pulling on the exterior door handle will help reset things. Other times you might have to pull on the exterior and interior handles at the same time to get it open. You will feel the tension in the interior handle change and eventually get it to open. Pulling on the handles hard or pushing the door won’t help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom