Can’t Call It: Wheels and Caps (1 Viewer)

Can’t Call It: Wheels and Caps

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Compromise - gray with caps when she's all cleaned up and taking the family for a ride... no caps when you're heading to the trail.
Probably the fault of the tires...
I won't disagree with you there. An FJ45 or FJ55 with steel wheels and hubcaps is just awesome. It's hard to make any Pickup look as good as the old Land Cruisers. But, I do think the Pickups look really good with steel wheels and caps... even if it's not "as good" as the 40s, 45s, 55s and 60s.

Admittedly, I'm biased:
View attachment 2197923
Had these (exact set of) wheels/tires on my 86

View attachment 2197959

I’m sure we can all agree they look better than the wheels that were on the 4Runner when I found it!

View attachment 2197960

Probably a combination of things....the tan on tan with chrome caps, or black wheels on a tan truck with chrome caps look way better than the same combo's on a black truck. Almost like the chrome blends into the lighter color of the truck and I dont notice it as much, but on the black truck its like...somehow too much chrome too much distract-ie.:rofl:

Reminds me of "why do the yankees always win?" "Because the other team is distracted by their pinstripes"

But I'm probably bias towards a flat/satin black D window steelie on this era truck...

For now, we’ve kept the wheels gray and capless. I did pick up some darker gray paint that we might try this summer.

Added 33x10.50 Maxxis Razrs which make a world of difference.

23D5E74C-A559-40E5-B7E2-28DC4E42A3B9.jpeg
F147650F-D276-4EF5-9836-ACB11E1154B6.jpeg
AE17608C-7881-463C-BC0E-5DF8D8A265F8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom