Canby area, Portland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

georgebj60

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi there. I'm interested in a truck in the Canby area of Portland, but I am 6 hours drive away. Unfortunately the owner is not able to get more information or pictures (which should be a deterrent in itself....but hey...who ever said a LC enthusiast was easily deterred??).

Anyway, if someone on the forum is close by and would be able to take look it would be greatly appreciated. I'm happy to pay for your time too.

Just PM and we can set up the particulars!

Hi there. I'm interested in a truck in the Canby area of Portland, but I am 6 hours drive away. Unfortunately the owner is not able to get more information or pictures (which should be a deterrent in itself....but hey...who ever said a LC enthusiast was easily deterred??).

Anyway, if someone on the forum is close by and would be able to take look it would be greatly appreciated. I'm happy to pay for your time too.

Just PM and we can set up the particulars!

surfing around tonight I just came across this post - i know it's probably too late...but if it comes up again where you need someone in portland to do this - PM me.

Thanks for this. Had I known I would have enlisted your services last weekend. I took a flight from Vancouver to Portland last Sunday to buy a truck sight unseen. It was in rougher shape than I had expected, but I completed on the sale anyway - it was better than walking home. In the end I think it will be ok, the truck has good bones. And the rest I can deal with over time....

Thanks for this. Had I known I would have enlisted your services last weekend. I took a flight from Vancouver to Portland last Sunday to buy a truck sight unseen. It was in rougher shape than I had expected, but I completed on the sale anyway - it was better than walking home. In the end I think it will be ok, the truck has good bones. And the rest I can deal with over time....

hot damn!!! post some pics.

if it was for sale down here I suspect I saw the ad - which one was it?

I will l post some pics soon, but the truck is still in the US pending import into Canada. It was listed only for a few hours, but it's a red 1984. No rust, but a de-smogged 2F. I don't know a lot about 2F's, and even less about de-smogging, but doesn't seem like the best job that could be done on an engine. Not a huge deal though as I do plan on doing a diesel swap at some point.

I will l post some pics soon, but the truck is still in the US pending import into Canada. It was listed only for a few hours, but it's a red 1984. No rust, but a de-smogged 2F. I don't know a lot about 2F's, and even less about de-smogging, but doesn't seem like the best job that could be done on an engine. Not a huge deal though as I do plan on doing a diesel swap at some point.
funny that you'd drag a gas burner up north...and you have all the diesels up there that we want!
(i hope to do a diesel swap on my 62 some day...but i have no place to do it myself so i'll have to pay someone else which is wicked $$$)

Well, we got the diesels, and we got the rust too. After a ton of research and looking around, it was obvious the best way to the end goal was to find a rust free FJ and and rusted out BJ or HJ and swap drivetrains. And Portland (well, PNW in general) seems to be best place to buy a truck. Rust free, and not completely sun-baked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom