Canada to USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at grabbing a rig from Canada to bring back to Oregon. I’ve imported a number from Japan as well as Australia but have always used a broker in either side to assist with the shipping aspect.

So I swing up to Canada get a rig and bring my HS-7 and EPA-3520-1 along with a bill of sale. Stop by customs and fill out the entry summary at the border? Is that essentially it?

Or do I need a broker?

You don't mention if the rig you're looking to bring back is over 25 years old or less than 25 years old. Different rules apply depending on that.

But, assuming a 25+ year old vehicle with original motor, yes, that's essentially it. Bring your HS-7 and 3520-1 to Customs along with Bill of Sale and Title and you should be able to clear it through yourself. If your plan is to drive it to the US, you'll need temp tags and insurance, also.

If in doubt about anything, give Customs a call--they should be able to clarify.

Yes I’ve spoken to customs but wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything. Potentially a wash as I can’t enter Canada currently due to the lockdown.

Yes I’ve spoken to customs but wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything. Potentially a wash as I can’t enter Canada currently due to the lockdown.
Get it shipped. That is what I did with my UR quattro

Get it shipped. That is what I did with my UR quattro

Who did you use to ship it? I am looking at shipping a LC across Canada and have been getting mixed results on searches. Some actual feedback on a company would be great.

Who did you use to ship it? I am looking at shipping a LC across Canada and have been getting mixed results on searches. Some actual feedback on a company would be great.
Cole International. Very good and efficient. They took care of customs release and walk you through the completion of paperwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom