Can someone tell me what this is? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
steelheadoutfitters.com
This doesn't look like the oil sending unit I just bought from the Toyota Dealership. I know what the copper hose is, what's on the other end of the T?

Is this just a boot over the sending unit?

2150FB10-65A8-43F9-BB9A-792E6B48064F.jpeg

does it also have a manual guage? that is where the copper line should go to

when hooking up the wire to the new sending unit, be certain to hook it up to the center post, if the sending unit has a male spade connector attached to the body, do not hook the wire up to it and turn the key on, it will fry the oil presure guage

does it also have a manual guage? that is where the copper line should go to

when hooking up the wire to the new sending unit, be certain to hook it up to the center post, if the sending unit has a male spade connector attached to the body, do not hook the wire up to it and turn the key on, it will fry the oil presure guage
It has a manual gauge that I'm removing, I'll plug it off. The new gauge has a center post and another post off to the side. Appears the one in the picture has two wires. I hope the one mounted to center post is yellow. Is the other one a ground,. seems unnecessarysince its screwed into the engine.

It has a manual gauge that I'm removing, I'll plug it off. The new gauge has a center post and another post off to the side. Appears the one in the picture has two wires. I hope the one mounted to center post is yellow. Is the other one a ground,. seems unnecessarysince its screwed into the engine.

if you are removing the manual gauge, remove the nipple an "T" and screw the new sender into the oil filter housing, that is where it should be.
there is no need for the second wire
IIRCC the wire is yellow/black

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom