can some one say queen size bed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey let's see some pics of the "queen" before pushing a camera mount!

Anyone have any details on the curtains? Price, pics availability, experiences?

nyk438 said:
I'm going to be doing the same thing with my 80. Only thing I'll have an air mattress, wish I could figure out a way to get a waterbed in there.

Just fill the air mattress with water rather than air.

brent said:
LX-450
What are the diemensions of the box, height specifically

off the top og my head the diemensions......

the width is 44 inches and that is a perfect fit, very very snug
the depth on the bottom board is 44in as well ( perfect square)
the depth on the top board is 40in you have to leave a little room so the middle row seats can flip up with out problem

since i was using half inch ply the hight of the side and rear board were 10 and 1 half inches this works out to be 11 inch hight, which is the hight of the middle row seats at the talles part when folded once. this allows for a perfect level sleeping area.

mike

Very cool,

If you have kids you can just slip 'em in under that mattress....You might want to leave the tailgate down tho'....

Do I see the third row seats still in there?

"queen size bed"

I slay me.

MH_Stevens said:
Do I see the third row seats still in there?

I don't think so.

Great, now it s a 4 berth camper. You can sleep a kid in each drawer!

the third row seats are not in there but the middle row is. when im done ill be able to take 4 peopl ein my car and then when we stop flip the seats and air up into a queen bed for 2 of us. then 2 on the roof in a tent. i like camping but i like to bring friends too.

mike

What's going to fill the gap between the 2nd row seats, and the bottom of the air mattress?

I'm actually working on a similar project, but will incorporate a piano hinged piece of plywood to flip over and on top of the seats, so the bed sits on a level plane...

nakman said:
What's going to fill the gap between the 2nd row seats, and the bottom of the air mattress?

I'm actually working on a similar project, but will incorporate a piano hinged piece of plywood to flip over and on top of the seats, so the bed sits on a level plane...

that was exactly what i 3was gonna do although after lookig at it i dont like that idea. what i really really wanna do is find a 3 way drawer. i could have it locked over the box when driving with 4 people. then flip the seats down and slid the top acorss to bridge the gap. then if i wanted to i could slid it all the way out the other side if i wanted to. can seem to fine a vendor for them though?

i will either do as you said with a hinge or use a one way drawer that goes in only. if you look in outfitting theres a diagram of what i was talking about.

mike

Mike,
having slpet inthe back of my truck a few times now, leave the seats anchored to the floor and folded down, the gap between can be made up with a tarp or a blanket.
I used a therma rest pad and some rubbermaid action packers to level out the back.
Dave

Checked out the diagram... when you slide the top over to one side, wouldn't it just create a low spot where it was? maybe I still don't get it, kind of reminds me of a dining room table leaf system, maybe a furniture store would give you some ideas for a hinge source/idea...

Anyway, my plan is much simpler, and yes much more ghetto. Lots of room underneath though, by the time you're planar with the second rows, the height is only about 2" below the top of the tailgate when closed. Not sure if that's good or not, will let the dogs decide..
nak_cargo1.jpg
nak_cargo2.jpg

Why not just go level with the back edge of the folding seat?.. That way no gaps.. but you'll have a slight incline for your upper torso and head.. almost like a built in pillow :) I've slept like that in my old 88-4Runner and I'm 6'1" and it wasn't bad with a pad underneither you. Of course I had to lay a little diagonal also.
It would also give more head room for those sudden awakenings.
That is unless. there is a certain size container you want to go under this platform.
-Gary

Brent - another SRV fan?

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom