Can ARB Bumper for 80, 100 series Cruiser be used on 1st gen Tundra? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying this again with a dedicated thread. Recently we acquired a 2002 Toyota Tundra with low mileage. Great truck. As seasoned Land Cruiser owners we are familiar with the ARB bull bumpers. Our favorite was the non-winch model on our 1994 FJ80 Cruiser wagon. Simple, strong, attractive. We would like to put something similar on our Tundra but apparently ARB only makes the Sahara version which does not protect the front corners and extends out a disproportionate amount from the body. Not our cup of tea.

Does anyone on this forum know if an ARB Land Cruiser bumper for an 80 or 100 series wagon be used on our 2002 Tundra? We have a 1999 100 series Land Cruiser wagon, I measured the width of the factory bumper and compared it to the width of the bumper on the Tundra, they are within a half inch at close to 74 inches nominal. It seems with a potential change to the mounting hardware, an ARB Cruiser bumper might be able to fit the Tundra.

Has anyone tried this before? What does it take to make it work? Please advise and thanks.

Measure the frame width at the front tow hooks. I don't know how close the Tundra and 100 series are. I have a T100 and I mounted a 100 series ARB on the front of it. I thought the holes might line right up but they didn't, however the frame width was almost perfect. I enlarged one set of holes where the bumper mount bolts to the tow hook holes and made a new hole for the other frame tow hook hole. I also cut off the factory crush cans on the front of the frame and added "L" shaped pieces made of 2" square tubing to hold the front bumper where the long through bolts would go on a 100. Overall the fit was very good, perhaps a couple inches too wide, but I have Bushwacker flares on the fenders and the width does not show too bad. Unfortunately the ARB's are all winch style and it sticks out pretty far off the front.

I recently mounted an Ironman bumper on our 80 series, it of course mounts about the same, but I have not had a chance to put the two side by side and compare measurements and dimensions of the bumpers and mounting.

0221141246a.jpg
0221141247a (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom