Calling upon the SM465 collective (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just file it?

I found some curious wear on the two shafts. A little mushrooming on the shoulders of journals that serve as inner bearing races.

I'm assuming from end play accumulation from all the old worn bearings.

Anyone seen this before? A concern? Just deburr it and go?
mainburr.jpg
counterburr.jpg

A step in the right direction.
The top cover clean, reassembled and ready for duty.
(interlock balls #$*$%*%#!@*)
Awaiting my box of goodies from Anaheim Gear.
coverdone.jpg

Chinese confidence

So I got my care package from Anaheim gear. Began my reassembly and discovered they sent an incorrect dog kit for one of the synchro hubs. Grrrrr. Oh well, now the right one is on the way hopefully.

In the meantime other sub assemblies can be done. So I begin to put the Chinese bearing they sent for the input gear (Chinese also for the front counter shaft). I get to thinking: "Should I put these Chinese bearings into my tranny just because they are new?"

I've got two American made input bearings that seem just fine. One is probably OEM. Difficult to see what wear is present on a ball bearing though.

The counter shaft bearing worries me too, in that it's rollers ride on the shaft and not on it's own race. Mixing old wear with new rollers of questionable quality.:confused:

Opinions?

It's done!
I ended up sourcing some new non Chinese bearings to replace the questionable ones it the kit.

Piece of mind

Thanks to all that helped in the decision process:beer:
transalmost.jpg
transdone.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom