Calling members???!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are you guys still active as a chapter? The link to your page doesn't work. Everything is old here. What's the deal are there no cruiserheads in se Virginia ?

Just picked up a '91 FJ80. I'm new to the world of Cruisers and working on vehicles all together. Been getting my hands dirty on the easy bits. I'm interested in putting some type of group together in this area.

I'm presently in South Newport News, VA.

We have been pretty inactive over the past year but I try to rally a few people up for a beach run every now and then. I live not to far from the NC line off of 168. One big factor that we aren't well established is because lack of trails in this area.

Last edited:
We should do a Northwest river park meet. IMO that would be fun, maybe camp there for a weekend? Any takers?

Heck yeah, why not! Why don't we wait until fall so it will be a bit cooler.

Also who is the guy driving a black 80 with diesel conversion?

Fall is a great suggestion! Basically i want to try and breath more life into this club. Maybe make it a boys weekend, B.S about issues with our LCs maybe do little fixes, grill out, fish, crack a few cold ones an generally have a good time. Let me know if there's any interest, ill set it up. Side note, im always out of town on business. So let's spit ball dates and see what works best for everyone.

WES, I do in fact have a 80. Little back story on the LC. So I'm on the military, I'm a special operations mechanic. I work on/ operate all types of land cruisers/hiluxs. I previously owned a 07 tacoma, when I got back from my last deployment, Nov 14, I was on the hunt for a 80 series. I must note, before the military I was a certified toyota technician for 5 years. Any who, I wanted to find a decent LC for under 8k. I stubbled upon this gem at a local toyota dealership... needless to say I jumped on it. Traded my tacoma in and used the difference in the trade to pay for the LC. The landcruiser is a 96, when I purchased it, it had 189k Texas truck, fully locked. Since purchased ive done little odds and ends, mostly PM's. Oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, p/s pump, full tune up plugs wires oil change etc. Put some 285's on it, running board delete, snorkel, roof rack. Nothing crazy yet... still on the docit, front main seal and oil pump seal.
-5656356240840997821_3.jpg
20150628_134646.jpg

I Should have specified, 1st picture was taken the first day I bought it, 2nd was taken literally 3 minutes ago in the driveway.

hhmm I wonder who owns the black 80 with diesel engine and a "don't tread on me" license plate. Notrails nice rig though!

I am down to meet up and talk LCs any time this summer. Maybe try out a new BBQ place. Ive had my 79 for about 10 years and the LX470 for about a year now. Just discovered another nice 40 down the street from me too. Pic is from the snow this year.

image-1.jpg

I think I joined up back in the day (becuase there was no fee!), but also a member of ONSC and at one time Upstate. I think I met Noel on our way to a Pick 'n Pull in Va. Beach, though. Pulled an axle off an 80 in one of the hottest days of the year! But live in Raleigh, and we've had some of the Mid Atlantic crew at Uwharrie one year..

I Should have specified, 1st picture was taken the first day I bought it, 2nd was taken literally 3 minutes ago in the driveway.
I know this is an old post but I think we live in the same neighborhood. You may or may not have played a part in influencing me wanting to get an 80 series.

I guess I should intro myself. I just got a 94 LC and I think I have a blown HG. :( Anyone have recs for a mechanic? I saw the other thread that recommended Japanese automasters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom