Calif. to Iowa in a FJ-45 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
I was not sure where to post this but My buddy landcrusher910 ( Mark Triner) and I are working on a plan to drive my 1967 FJ-45 to the Tall Corn Cruiser Classic next month. :steer: We will be leaving Calif on the 19th ? and driving out I-4o to Oaklahoma City then north to Knoxville Iowa around 1800 miles. Stay for the weekend then come home Via Nebraska, I-80 to I-76 and so on back to Calif. I am not sure what kind of time we will make in Augest because of the heat but we will be driving in the early mornings and going as far as we can each day. Any fellow Mudder willing to give us a phone number where we could reach someone for help along these routes would be very welcomed just in case. You can Pm me here or email me at landcrushersrule@verizon.net WHY are we doing this ? Why Not and what an adventure going cross country in a 41 year old Landcruiser Here is what you can look for coming thru a town near you LOL Thanks in advance and as this comes together I will be posting pictures. And also anyone will to let us camp in your yard would also be a big help cutting down our fuel cost :cheers: We will have the doors and top on LOL :grinpimp:
small_DSCN0424.jpg
small_DSCN0543.JPG

Last edited:
Sounds great. Have a blast.

Tough to have a Cruiser event in Iowa-it's pretty flat, and now pretty wet!

I'm coming up from FL for that event....see ya there!

Cool cant wait to meet you ! :cheers: beno
IH8MUD Lifer has offered up his place in New Mexico for the first leg of our journey Thanks Brother I will be calling you

Last edited:
i am in osage city kansas...just off the turnpike...stop in and camp...have a great farm for camping....and would be happy to extend the hospitality to a fellow cruiserhead....pm me if interested and i will send ya directions...or if ya get in this neck of the wood and need some help....there are other tornado alley cruiser members all along the way thru oklahoma kansas and iowa....let me know

osagecruiser

I would let you camp here, but unfortunately, I am not on your route.

You should have fun. We just did 4200 miles in our 1970 3-speed FJ40 and had a blast. :bounce:

Good luck!

See you there! :)

Rob have fun and holy cow, you may want a snorkel kit too. You will be 45 minutes from my home town. Enjoy .. keep us postd on the progress.

cheers bud.

i am in osage city kansas...just off the turnpike...stop in and camp...have a great farm for camping....and would be happy to extend the hospitality to a fellow cruiserhead....pm me if interested and i will send ya directions...or if ya get in this neck of the wood and need some help....there are other tornado alley cruiser members all along the way thru oklahoma kansas and iowa....let me know

osagecruiser

Very cool right now its looking like Albuquerque the First day then take US-54 to Wichita. for the 2nd leg of the journey It looks like about 12 hours plus to Osage City we could make that work I will get a pm off to you. Thanks to everyone who has already posted and emailed :grinpimp: things are coming together here on our end. Picked up some fresh seals for the 45 and Mark is testing some wiper motors figure we might need them ? since mine dont work. Living in the Past is bringing out a 2F fan shroud this week so I can get the plastic fan installed and Calstyl2 ( The other Rob ) has some fresh 31 AT's I will have mounted on the stock 15in rims. to replace the split rims. :beer:

if you camp the night in denver, you're welcome at my place. nothing as cool as seing 45s in my driveway:steer:

Kansas City

I'm in Kansas City, right off of I635 and I29 where you will be coming by. If y'all need a place to stay over or need help, let me know.

I PM'd you my cell number.

Good luck
Brian

Thank you everyone for the great responce. I have everyone's number who has posted so far and working on a plan. ALOT will depend on the weather, the 45 and how well I hold up LOL I want to say this trip would not be possable without all your help and support. LANDCRUISER FOLKS ROCK !!!!!!! and my wife's being very cool about it also. Brian, Igie I will be contacting you

Just out of curiosity why did you choose this event to drive that far? Its a good event but August in the midwest has about 90% humidity and 100 degrees. I think the Tornado Alley Cruisers event in October at Flatnasty Off road park is a better choice. Cooler camping weather and the park is 3 times the size. Just my 2 cents

Just out of curiosity why did you choose this event to drive that far? Its a good event but August in the midwest has about 90% humidity and 100 degrees. I think the Tornado Alley Cruisers event in October at Flatnasty Off road park is a better choice. Cooler camping weather and the park is 3 times the size. Just my 2 cents

Well everybody in California is from somewhere else.

I make that trip twice a year. This year it will hopefully be with my FJ45EC to attend the event.

Why, alot of people have been asking me the same thing :) For me its something I always wanted to do, ( Drive cross country ) work, family or personal reasons got in the way, I am 50 years old, I dig Cruisers, I have the time off and Its a challange I will be going slow enough I WILL see America. Sept is the 45 run, Nov is Surf n Turf, Hell why did we go to the moon, why do we search the ocean floors, why do we climb the highest mountians, Because its there brother and once we decied to do something no matter how crazy it sounds its getting done. SOAP BOX TIME OVER LOL :cheers: The best reason the people I will meet and the memories I will walk away with :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom