Butch? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.toyotatrailriders.com
I am finalizing my list for trail tires and am seeking opinions...

This is what I have the list narrowed down to:

Super Swamper TSL's in a 32 x 9.5 (32.3 x 8.5)
572.jpg

Special Service Super Swamper TSL in a 34 x 9.50 (33.8 x 8)
625.jpg

Super Swamper LTB 34 X 10.5 (33.6 x 9.25)
536.jpg

Thanks in advance...

Got a hook up... :)
Not really, mostly curious.

I have TSL SX's and they are a PITA at best to balance for street use. I'm gonna give Pit Bull Tires a shot when I replace the SX's this summer or fall.... assuming I have my 40 back together by then :rolleyes:

That said, I'm not sure Pit Bull has a narrow like what you have listed.

I also like the MT/R's for a daily driver / trail truck. That's assuming you'll be driving on the street regularly.

:beer:

oops- no, I meant I have a hook up....

I am happy with the 33x9.5 A/T's I put on, I am just looking for trail tires.

It had MT/R's on it when I got it and it rode like ass on the street, so I figure that a set for swapping out at the trailhead would be a better alternative, especially considering how far a drive it is to get to any wheeling areas. :(

Those first ones kinda look like a bogger not a TSL.

almost all swampers are considered "TSL". It stands for the Three stage lug design they have to attempt to quiet the tires on the street. The first pic is, indeed Super Swamper TSL Boggers. They're all made by Interco. Anyway, I love the SSRs I just got. They balanced out great w/ 1000 high density airsoft bbs in each tire.

Chris, I think you should go w/ the special service TSLs. They look cool, and they've got the tall and skinny profile you're going for and the original TSL tread design, which grabs really good on the trail.

While the bogger can't be beat in the mud and does fairly well on the rocks (not so good in off camber side hill action) I would stick with the Special Service or LTB's. Both hook up great!

I vote the 34 x 9.5s. It never ceases to amaze me what guys with those tires can conquer on the trail! I woulda bought euclid's or Josh's last year, but things didn't work out.

I WILL try them someday.

Gettin some 33x9.5 BFG MTs on my 45 this week!:bounce:

Mark A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom