Bumperette covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dtm

Threads
Don't like loading my clumsy lab in and out of the rig because I'm afraid he's going to catch his leg in the bumperette. I've seen a couple of trucks that have some sort of mesh welded across the top of the voids - are there any off-the-shelf solutions out there or am I going to have to have something fabricated? Any of you out there come up with something that works and looks halfway decent?

Would a factory step work?
No fab needed and OEM option.

I have seen what you are talking about done with diamond plate and paint to match.

Reactions: dtm
My bumperettes have diamond plate welded to the top and they are helpful for standing on and reaching the top and keeps me from stepping through them and breaking an ankle. But they are pretty high up at the level of the deck so it’s still a good jump down to the ground. The factory step is worth it’s weight!

devo

26398033-95F0-43D5-A0AA-D3626913E42E.jpeg

The factory bumperettes on the 40 series pickups have diamond plate top to use as a step. My fear with a dog even with a factory step a leg could still possibly get caught if off center a little bit. The E-67 step is wider than the 68-73 which is a little wider than the 74+ step. Last version is not that wide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom