bump, bump, bump it up.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes, check out my build thread...I have a dual jerry can holder where he has the ladder...it is very solid indeed.

Brock, how much did you end up paying out the door for your whole rear setup? I like the bars on the side, as opposed to the flat steel.

Also, is there any way to key lock your Hi-lift in that mount? I don't have anything against the slee setup either, it's just outside my automotive budget.

Last edited:
I used a sawzall to notch the crossmember. It was a little tricky to do a square cut... So, if you have access to a plasma cutter I would recommend it.

I would have to look but think it was around $1500 but shipping could change that $200-400 depending on location. Shipping to business with loading dock or forklift will save some money as it goes out on pallet. I met my shipment at UPS Freight and cut it off pallet and loaded in rear or LX with all seats down. It is heavy so you will need help.

Yes you can padlock the hi-lift but will need to use a cable or chain if I remember right...but may be possible on newer models now as he has changed the style and build slightly since mine. Give Mike a call....your best bet.

Yes you can padlock the hi-lift but will need to use a cable or chain if I remember right...but may be possible on newer models now as he has changed the style and build slightly since mine. Give Mike a call....your best bet.

With the way it is set up, can you use one of these?
Amazon.com: Master Lock 262DAT Chrome Lug Nut Style Spare Tire Lock: Automotive

IMG_3856-1-1.jpg

I used this on my previous hi-lift mount and it worked well.

Brock didnt have a removable carrier. Mine did. I would call/email Mike to get more accurate pricing. It was just under 2K for the bumper, tire carrier, Ladder, and removable can carrier.

I just ordered a bolt on. The bolt on was $1000. Thr tire carrier was $500. I could have saved $100 with high clearance model. Mike is top notch in gettin design to meet customer desire

Good to see more people getting this one. Did you opt for a can carrier or ladder?

If you have any questions when it comes time to install let me know.

No, I skipped the second swingout. I love the look, but I don't really need. I also ordered th
e tube sliders.

I hear you. I debated the whole second swing out for years. After my last trip in Baja with 2 gas cans in the truck I knew I needed to get those things on the back of the truck and out of the inside.

I'm up in oceanside. Maybe when I get closer to making a bumper purchase I could swing down to La Jolla and see the BIOR rear in person if you don't mind that is.

I was skeptical at first, but I really like the finish on this bumper. The shocks are a nice touch. Did you say there was a rubber stop too, that keeps the rattling to a minimum?

There is a stopper. Nothing on it has made a squeak or anything since installing it. I am totally cool with you checking it out. You can take a look at the BOIR Skids I have as well. I need to get the Torque Converter fixed, but after that we should do a SoCal 100 run. I have noticed we have a few guys down here. I just moved down for SF. So, I dont know areas to explore in this thing yet.

Does anyone know if Mike at BIOR will ship the bumper bare metal? Would rather get it powder coated here at the same shop that did my wheels, sliders, nudge, etc.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

There is a stopper. Nothing on it has made a squeak or anything since installing it. I am totally cool with you checking it out. You can take a look at the BOIR Skids I have as well. I need to get the Torque Converter fixed, but after that we should do a SoCal 100 run. I have noticed we have a few guys down here. I just moved down for SF. So, I dont know areas to explore in this thing yet.

I'd be down for that. I've got a buddy with an 80, and we usually run through Anza Borrego among other areas around here. My dad has a hundy as well. He used to live in La Jolla in fact. I haven't gone with anyone from the forums yet. I'll let you know when I get closer to making a buy. It's definitely high on my list.

Does anyone know if Mike at BIOR will ship the bumper bare metal? Would rather get it powder coated here at the same shop that did my wheels, sliders, nudge, etc.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD
Yes, he will ship bare. I discussed him shipping mine bare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom