1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bull bar bumpers noticeable affects?

Discussion in '200-Series Cruisers' started by UCrazyKid, Dec 6, 2017.

1. UCrazyKid

UCrazyKid

Does putting an ARB bull bar front and rear bumper change the driving and handling characteristics of the LC200 or LX570?

2. Willy beamin

Willy beamin

Media:
    Albums:
    does stuffing your current car with fat chicks change the way it handles? - yes, all bumper and slider weight is noticeable once you bolt it on. Just make sure you offset that weight with proper springs to help support that new found love.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  3. UCrazyKid

UCrazyKid

Great analogy! I guess I was wondering if AHC counteracts any of it.

4. TeCKis300

TeCKis300

Media:
    It's not just fat chicks, but where you're placing that fat chick. She'll feel extra fat being at the furthest forward point of the vehicle.

The biggest difference you'll note is resistance to directional changes. Yaw (turning) motions will be slower to initiate and will understeer more. So turns will be slower and more deliberate. And accident avoidance maneuvers, damped, and slowed down.

Where AHC does help would be the following:
    1) No droop, or loss of front end clearance/height, from the added weight as AHC is constant height
    2) AHC rigs don't have much brake dive to begin with, as the front axle has a higher spring rate mode that it engages upon braking. So it'll still resist much of any added tendency to nose dive.

Reckless and Willy beamin like this.
  5. DirtNap

DirtNap

Albums:
    So you're saying we shouldn't strap [gravitationally challenged] chicks to EITHER bumper? So much for my "plumper bumper" plans...

Basically you're saying, increased rotational inertia, right.

M1911 likes this.
  6. Haggis

Haggis

Media:
    Albums:
    I had my front and rear ARB bumpers installed a couple weeks before I upgraded the suspension. Boy, did the dynamics change! So much that I put her straight in the garage until my lift kit arrived. Next to a VW hippie bus, it was the worst handling vehicle I have ever driven.

M1911, Rigger and Willy beamin like this.
  7. Reckless

Reckless

Media:
    Albums:
    What is the highest speed anyone has gotten their bull bar bumper up to stably?

8. marketShark

marketShark

c1578b7d6501524d8daa4d28f0e0e9e1--princess-bride-quotes-the-princess-bride.jpg

Climbingnut likes this.
data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">