Bull bar bumpers noticeable affects? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does putting an ARB bull bar front and rear bumper change the driving and handling characteristics of the LC200 or LX570?

does stuffing your current car with fat chicks change the way it handles? - yes, all bumper and slider weight is noticeable once you bolt it on. Just make sure you offset that weight with proper springs to help support that new found love.

Last edited:
does stuffing your current car with fat chicks change the way it handles? - yes, all bumper and slider weight is noticeable once you bolt it on. Just make sure you offset that weight with proper springs to help support that new found love.
Great analogy! I guess I was wondering if AHC counteracts any of it.

It's not just fat chicks, but where you're placing that fat chick. She'll feel extra fat being at the furthest forward point of the vehicle.

The biggest difference you'll note is resistance to directional changes. Yaw (turning) motions will be slower to initiate and will understeer more. So turns will be slower and more deliberate. And accident avoidance maneuvers, damped, and slowed down.

Where AHC does help would be the following:
1) No droop, or loss of front end clearance/height, from the added weight as AHC is constant height
2) AHC rigs don't have much brake dive to begin with, as the front axle has a higher spring rate mode that it engages upon braking. So it'll still resist much of any added tendency to nose dive.

It's not just fat chicks, but where you're placing that fat chick. She'll feel extra fat being at the furthest forward point of the vehicle.

The biggest difference you'll note is resistance to directional changes. Yaw (turning) motions will be slower to initiate and will understeer more. So turns will be slower and more deliberate. And accident avoidance maneuvers, damped, and slowed down.

1) No droop, or loss of front end clearance/height, from the added weight as AHC is constant height
2) AHC rigs don't have much brake dive to begin with, as the front axle has a higher spring rate mode that it engages upon braking. So it'll still resist much of any added tendency to nose dive.
So you're saying we shouldn't strap [gravitationally challenged] chicks to EITHER bumper? So much for my "plumper bumper" plans...

Basically you're saying, increased rotational inertia, right.

I had my front and rear ARB bumpers installed a couple weeks before I upgraded the suspension. Boy, did the dynamics change! So much that I put her straight in the garage until my lift kit arrived. Next to a VW hippie bus, it was the worst handling vehicle I have ever driven.

What is the highest speed anyone has gotten their bull bar bumper up to stably?

So you're saying we shouldn't strap [gravitationally challenged] chicks to EITHER bumper? So much for my "plumper bumper" plans...

Basically you're saying, increased rotational inertia, right.

c1578b7d6501524d8daa4d28f0e0e9e1--princess-bride-quotes-the-princess-bride.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom