For Sale Built Expo m416 FOR SALE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Selling my m416 military trailer that has been built out for offroading. I've had it a couple years, and it has been fantastic. I'm a camping family of four now though, and while this trailer still does the job, the bigger the kids get, the tighter it gets. So, it's time for another family to enjoy it.

When i bought it the trailer was rusty and banged up pretty bad. Floor was rusted through. So i immediately disassembled, sandblasted, primed, and started a rebuild.

Trailer got all new axle seals and hub service, new bearings, new shocks, and lots of bracing was added to stiffen it up. Tongue was extended about 30", and I added a locknroll hitch system (included with sale). Elevated rack for the roof top tent was added. Extending mount for the FoxWing awning was added. Tailgate was added, along with stabilizer jacks front and back.

New tires, Falken Wild Peak AT3W in 235/85/16

It pulls straight and smooth, and has been on multiple 3000 mile trips with zero issues. This trailer is TOUGH, and will go anywhere. I have drug it down some serious trails.

What comes with the trailer at sale:

• GEO Roof Top tent, used probably 20 nights. it's like new. it's the 'queen' size model. I do have the annex and AC mount bracket that comes with it.
  • FoxWing 270* awning, in perfect shape. All poles, guy wires, etc. It's attached to a mount that telescopes up for deployment, giving you about 7' clear under the awning. Works great.
  • Road shower pressurized water system. I use it for anything i need to hose off on the trail, including the trailer, dogs, kids, etc. Pressurizes with CO2 cartridges or any 12V inflator. www.roadshower.com
  • Permanent mounted onboard shower system. Uses an RV pump and on-demand hot water heater. I extend the shower wand into a privacy shelter, and it's nearly as good as a shower at home, piping hot. I carry a 5GAL jerry can for water, but you could easily mount a larger water tank in the trailer and carry 15-20 gallons. The jerry can will easily get you a 5 minute continuous shower. I carry a 30' water hose, which works great to drop in a stream for unlimited water...just needs to be 1/2" diameter or smaller for pump to function.
  • The locknroll vehicle side hitch is included
  • RotoPax 2gal water container
  • Side mounted cabinet, i use it to carry everything i need to do an axle/hub repair. Two sets of bearings, races, and and seals will be included with sale.
  • Full size spare, on military wheel, mounted underneath front of trailer. Right now it's one of the original tires, but i'm mounting a new spare tomorrow, same tire type and size as what's on the trailer.
  • 1.5 GAL propane tank, mounted to front of trailer

Items to be aware of:
  • One of the gasoline rotopax is bulging, swollen. Not a big deal, just needs replacing
  • Small wear spot in tent cover last year, was patched with rubber sealer, zero issues since
  • The trailer is not blemish free. Lots of wavy metal on the front panel
  • The paint job is rattle can. I gave up trying to keep it perfect because on trails the rocks thrown behind the truck chew up the leading edges. if i were to keep it though, i would take it and get the entire tub bedlined. That would definitely help. The TUB/inside of the trailer is sprayed with DIY bedliner. I respray every 6-8 months.
  • I did a lot of the tailgate welding as a novice welder. A pro welder will want to clean it up. A pro did do all the floor and tongue work though.

Located in Louisiana. I'll be in southwest CO next week for 3-4 days with it also.

Asking $5500, and i'm pretty firm. I know what it cost to build, and what a factory-made comparable unit costs.

Thanks!

IMG_9747-X2.jpg

IMG_9807-X2.jpg

IMG_9862-X2.jpg

IMG_0098-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice set up. I have the same shower, any idea what size pelican case you have it in?

Really cool trailer. I’m hoping you can answer a simple question for me. How stable are these rooftop tents? Do you have to stay sleeping on one side? They all seem to be only supported by the ladder and maybe some hinges. I would be afraid if I rolled over onto the ladder side the entire thing could collapse or snap off the side. As popular as they are I’m guessing it’s not the case but I just can’t see how. Can you explain please?

Really cool trailer. I’m hoping you can answer a simple question for me. How stable are these rooftop tents? Do you have to stay sleeping on one side? They all seem to be only supported by the ladder and maybe some hinges. I would be afraid if I rolled over onto the ladder side the entire thing could collapse or snap off the side. As popular as they are I’m guessing it’s not the case but I just can’t see how. Can you explain please?

Ones feet are generally in the area where the ladder is in the standard sleeping configuration for most of these tents, i.e. they are longer than they are wide. So unless you are 4 feet tall and sleeping oriented along the shortest plane rolling on to the ladder side shouldn't be an issue.

If the ladder is properly planted it supports most of the weight as enter/exit the tent.

Bump for a really trailer.

Good price. Most don't come with half that for the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom