Builds Build: Snowball, the 91 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CarcaineProblems

GOLD Star
Threads
First time posting something like this, so lmk if I am missing the mark. I don't usually "name" my cars but with 3 girls (9, 7, 5) they wanted to name it, so here she is, snowball the mostly stock, 3FE FJ80 with 161k miles

IMG_3015 (1).JPG

IMG_3031 (1).JPG

I bought this truck from @JML403 in late March and it is as advertised. Really clean and pretty stock except the ARB bumper

JML403 helped load the Cruiser into the back of the trailer for the long trip from Georgia to North Dakota. It was a little tall so he pulled the roof rack and saved me the hassle when it got here! :bounce:

IMG_20220327_171937.jpg

IMG_20220327_180800.jpg

IMG_20220327_180804.jpg

I was out of the country when it arrived and my lucky wife got to pull it in during an April blizzard :censor:

IMG_20220330_104551.jpg

I think the basics? Suspension, wheels, tires, rack. Then some misc items…possibly desmog, replace the window wiper arms. Stuff like that.

Thoughts on tint? I think that’s a little much, and not easily reversed. Don’t want to screw it up for the next owner

I think the basics? Suspension, wheels, tires, rack. Then some misc items…possibly desmog, replace the window wiper arms. Stuff like that.

Thoughts on tint? I think that’s a little much, and not easily reversed. Don’t want to screw it up for the next owner
i have a 15% tint all around and they work well out on the trail.
QauGr6k.jpg

Front windows too? Can’t tell if they’re rolled down

Great looking rig! Re-gear necessary with 37s?

Man, re-gear sounds like the answer but not sure I have the skills to do that. Or trust a shop locally to get it right. Maybe I need to roadtrip to Slee or Cruiser Outfitters and just have them do it. Add lockers too??

First project is to clean the vehicle, mostly the exterior. Get the paint dialed in and coated. Here's the steps I took:

1. Ironx iron remover. This stuff smells like rotting corpse. Works great!
2. Decon wash
3. Clay bar
4. Jescar correcting compound. Chemical Guys Hex logic pads
5. Carpro Eraser to remove residue
6. Crystal Serum Light ceramic coating

There was a lot of residue that came up with the pads. I think I went through 6 pads and blew each of them out at least once? I wasn't expecting that. You can see in this picture one of the pads I used and the residue...

20220410_112441.jpg

Man, re-gear sounds like the answer but not sure I have the skills to do that. Or trust a shop locally to get it right. Maybe I need to roadtrip to Slee or Cruiser Outfitters and just have them do it. Add lockers too??

Or reach out to ZUK at gearinstalls.com

Things are picking up steam. A lot of shopping (and varied experiences!)

1. Picked up a desmog kit from TLC Performance. Ordered the belt from Amazon
2. Roof rack from Prinsu (on sale). I really liked Bowfin but didn't want to wait.
3. OME BP51 from Cruiser Outfitters. Man those guys are awesome
4. 34" BFG KO2 from Tirerack
5. ICON Compression in bronze.
6. Equipt seat covers
7. Fusible links, new wiper arms, misc items from Wits End

I started on the desmog today. More to come...

I ended up just capping the air rail, instead of removing those air injector things

20220414_122544.jpg

Pretty clean! I used some 1/4 threaded rod to make a support for the fan housing, as you can see on the driver side wheel well. Waiting for Wits End to send over their “keychain”, aka block off plate. Then I can get rid of my janky cut up license plate 🤣
20220414_154846.jpg

Saved all the parts!!
20220414_131328.jpg

Been a busy 10 days or so. Started with an OME-BP51 lift.
20220409_100811.jpg

Looks like the truck skipped leg day! o_O
20220413_153257.jpg

Easy fix with some 34" BFG on Icon rims
20220409_100806.jpg

20220412_111429.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom