Build a Cruiser for a Fallen Soldier - Part Deux (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Confirmed that the videographer from the first build will be at this build to finish his video! :clap:

This event is coming up very soon and we really need some parts. Lots of the parts we listed earlier are not available new so we can't just go out and purchase them.

Thanks again to everyone!

Guys - we really need some part donations. We are going to purchase some seals, etc that we need but we have had zero used parts donations. Please see the list of parts needed here.

Thanks!

I contacted Cam at Iron Pig; they're sending a skid plate.
Also, anyone and everyone is welcome to stay at my house again. We have an extra bedroom downstairs (double bed), a couple of couches, and plenty of floor space. For those who may want the option of a hotel, I'll check to see what type of group rate we can get.
Again, thanks everyone who's involved with this.

We have about 10 folks planning to come up for Saturday, got a few parts to bring in as well. I looked and found this addy: 1260 Greensboro Highway from last year, is this where part deux is hosted as well?

EDIT:

Never mind, (search fool) I found it

Watkinsville Service Center in Watkinsville, GA

Last edited:
We have about 10 folks planning to come up for Saturday, got a few parts to bring in as well. I looked and found this addy: 1260 Greensboro Highway from last year, is this where part deux is hosted as well?

EDIT:

Never mind, (search fool) I found it

Watkinsville Service Center in Watkinsville, GA

Thanks for the support Ted!

Can you let me know which parts you'll be bringing? Thanks again!

Thanks for the support Ted!

Can you let me know which parts you'll be bringing? Thanks again!

I'm hoping our guys will to post up what they're bringing as I can't give you an exact list but I think there's a set of sliders, possibly a set of seat belts (factory style) and perhaps some hubs but please don't hold me to it.

I'm hoping our guys will to post up what they're bringing as I can't give you an exact list but I think there's a set of sliders, possibly a set of seat belts (factory style) and perhaps some hubs but please don't hold me to it.

Thanks to you and to Georgia Cruisers for everything y'all are doing. We will get to work with what we've got when it arrives!

:cheers:

Hello Everyone, I just got off the phone with Katy, Darcey's wife. The shop will be ready for us next Friday. We can show up around 5:30 to get going.
Also, remember my doors are always open to ya'll.
See you in a week.
Thank you again.

Sadly I wont be able to make this one. I will be following the build thread and anything I have here that you need or mght need will be mailed out. For those who missed part one this is a chance to get together with some fantastic Toyota Folks and dont get me started on the food ( Again Fantastic ) James and Jean are wonderful hosts. Its more than a Cruiser Build and I wish I could be there.

Thanks to everyone that is coming - and everyone that wants to help too!

I'm waiting to hear back from James on room deals at a local hotel. James has also offered up his house - a guest room, several sofas and plenty of floor space. I was going to crash on a couch but I'll give that up to whoever wants it and I'll sleep outside in my RTT.

Also talked to the videographer again today. He has an unfinished video put together of the first build and will finish it off with video from this build.

Thanks again!

The build this coming weekend has been postponed due to an illness in the Reeves family. I'll keep everyone up to date on a future build date to finish everything up. It will probably be this summer sometime to give everyone lots of lead time.

Thanks again for everyone's help. I and the Reeves appreciate it very much.

Hello Everyone,
I just spoke to Steve and I see he's already posted.
My Step-Mom (92) is in ICU. My Dad, (94 next week) can't be home alone. I appreciate everyone's understanding regarding the postponing of the build. I'm going home today for 2 days to check on my students and leave plans for my substitute teacher for next week. I'll return to Zebulon on Friday and I'm not sure when I'll return to Watkinsville.
Darcy has been notified and he told me that his shop is ours when we need it.
Again, thanks to everyone for making plans for the build. Steve and I will work on a future date so the party can continue.
You guys are great. God bless you all.
James

I know I'm late to the party, but is there still need for help with this?

Guys and Gals,
I am trying to figure out how things are going with this build. I live in south Georgia and would like to know if there is a service that I can assist with for this Cruiser. With that said, I hope that someone has an update or can let me know how to help.
Brock

Guys and Gals,
I am trying to figure out how things are going with this build. I live in south Georgia and would like to know if there is a service that I can assist with for this Cruiser. With that said, I hope that someone has an update or can let me know how to help.
Brock

Brock - thanks for the post. We need to finish this build sometime but do not have a date. I'll see if I can get something scheduled.

Thanks

I haven't been online in a few days and I saw this post tonight.
Sort of an update. Ruth, my step-mom, died a year ago this past Feb and my dad, now 95, moved in with Jean and I. Not much has been done to the 40 since the first build. The illness of some family members and Dad moving in, has demanded a lot of time. (Not complaining). My plan was to get involved with Ga Cruisers. But time hasn't allowed that.
The 40's running good. I drilled out the galley plug, followed Eporter's instructions I found on site. It went well.

Gentlemen,
Please send me a PM when you get a date to work on this rig. I will try my best to participate in this build!

Hello Mud !

All you crazi cruiser heads - I have just fond the thread and read bout the build - if the crew still needs parts donations or a hand - if I can break out of work - I would love to contribute.

My thoughts are with Mr & Mrs Reeves in more ways than one. Has there been a college fund started for the boy ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom