BT Scanner: OBDLink MX + ELMScan Toyota or OBDLink MX + (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Scanner software featured: ELMScan Toyota and OBDLink.
Hardware - BT adapters: OBDLInk MX and OBDLink MX +

I had to have OBDLink MX since I need to use ForScan on my Fords (BAFX didn't work there). So, I installed the $5 ELMScan on my Android phone and I am impressed: reads quite a bit of Toyota prop codes. One way street only, don't expect to be able to reprogram keys or locks, but it reads AHC pressures just fine.

Seems like the latest OBDLink MX+ does have free upgrades and supports Toyota prop codes as well

Screenshot_2019-07-23-12-31-01.png

Screenshot_2019-07-23-12-33-51.png

Last edited:
I am using the App ELMscan Toyota as well. Especially for AHC. Works with one of this cheap ELM327 bluetooth dongles thought I had to try 3 different ones till one worked...

General rule on the ELM327 adapters is to avoid anything claiming support for versions above 1.5 - those are knock-offs of knock-offs. So, the simpler and cheaper ones are more likely to work

Last edited:
I'm looking at getting one of the OBDLink adapters for my LX470 in addition to Techstream as this interface is much easier to use.

How do the available readings compare between the two software options; OBDLink vs. ELM?

Is there a reason why you are using ELM software vs the OBDLink with the OBDLink adapter?

I just downloaded this app and can connect and get trans temps in the data list/active test section but I'm not seeing any of the ahc data under the add data list. Am I looking in the wrong place? This is on an 07 lx470.

I just downloaded this app and can connect and get trans temps in the data list/active test section but I'm not seeing any of the ahc data under the add data list. Am I looking in the wrong place? This is on an 07 lx470.
Just figured it out you have to select the ahc ecu instead of the engine ecu... Works!

Just figured it out you have to select the ahc ecu instead of the engine ecu... Works!

How comprehensive is the available AHC data? Can you provide a snapshot that shows all the readings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom