BSLCA BS... ie.. local chat.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jason,

I have beer for you from the seats!

Scott

Sweet! :beer:

If I hear of anyone going I'll tell them to call you Jason. Hows the cruiser coming? What have you got done so far? Are you doing a frame off or just modding it to wheel?

Larry

Thanks!
A little of both, I want a daily driver that I can wheel.
I'm getting a few remaining parts I need for power steering shipped next week. I want to have that finished this month.
Going spring over. FJ40 axles I'm hopefully getting are already cut & turned w/ disk brakes, recently rebuilt. Doing the shackle reversal.
I will be taking the body off and blasting the frame, removing rust off the body & replacing metal where needed.
Putting in a sbc 350, sm465 + stock 3speed tcase. Already have all the pieces, just need to get'r done :beer:

You guys have any idea when you want to have the next meeting, February maybe?

Anyone needing to do a 3 speed transfer case rebuild? I haven't rebuilt one before and thought it'd be cool if someone else was doing their's, we could do them together.

Sweet! :beer:

Thanks!
A little of both, I want a daily driver that I can wheel.
I'm getting a few remaining parts I need for power steering shipped next week. I want to have that finished this month.
Going spring over. FJ40 axles I'm hopefully getting are already cut & turned w/ disk brakes, recently rebuilt. Doing the shackle reversal.
I will be taking the body off and blasting the frame, removing rust off the body & replacing metal where needed.
Putting in a sbc 350, sm465 + stock 3speed tcase. Already have all the pieces, just need to get'r done :beer:

Thats awesome Jason. Keep us updated as it comes together. You should do a build thread. I'm thinking of starting one. I've done alot to get my truck where it is and it would be nice to chart the progress. I won't be doing my frame off until next year but by then it'll be easy as I'm working bugs out as I go.

Anyone needing to do a 3 speed transfer case rebuild? I haven't rebuilt one before and thought it'd be cool if someone else was doing their's, we could do them together.

We're going to decide on a February meeting date this weekend Jason. We have to work around Mardi Gras and Valentines day or we'll all be in trouble. We are also trying to put together a ride as we're looking for potential places to have it nearby.

Larry

New Shoes and Suspension.
Hell Creek 4 Inch.JPG
New Shoes 1.JPG
New Shoes 2.JPG

Welcome! I moved out here April 2005. Let me know if you need something, be happy to help

I rented a jeep in Moab too- very cool place!

Nice!!!!!!!!

I see you'll be sneaking out back when your wife's asleep!

me

Well Larry works the Vampire hours so it's probably easy to sneak all that stuff in.

LOL, your right I keep late hours. Working right now so I didn't get any wrenching time in tonight. Will tomorrow though. :D

Call Schedule

Weekend of Feb 3: Barrillieaux "On Call":crybaby:

SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take some pics for me

Scott

I'll make my first meeting

I'll make this my first post and at the same time, commit to making my first BSLCA meeting as well. I ask that you all flame me if I flake.

I've had many land cruisers over the years and there used to be a club here in Lafayette years ago. Once we drove out to property in Arnaudville and I saw my first 45 pickup there.

I know of dozens of cruisers around the area. Even an FJ25.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Well let me bet the first to say WELCOME to the BSLCA!!!!! Awesome to have you in our ranks. We're working on setting a meeting date for next month. Can't wait to meet you and see your rig.

Send me, Volunteer (Larry) or PScottBX (Scott) a PM and give us your contact information.

Again, welcome!

Marty

... I ask that you all flame me if I flake.

Rest assured sir, I will help you out in this task that you ask of us.

Welcome. ...now start postin all those other rigs on the other thread for huntin up cruisers :D

Nice to see you and we look forward to hookin up w/ ya.

Scott

I'll make this my first post and at the same time, commit to making my first BSLCA meeting as well. I ask that you all flame me if I flake.

I've had many land cruisers over the years and there used to be a club here in Lafayette years ago. Once we drove out to property in Arnaudville and I saw my first 45 pickup there.

I know of dozens of cruisers around the area. Even an FJ25.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Michael I look forward to seeing you at our next meeting. Besides talking to you by email I'm sure we met years ago when we tried starting the club here in Lafayette. I had just finished my frame off on my 70 FJ40 it was GTO Orange. I remember meeting at CC's pizza a couple times and it kind of died after that. I can't remember the Jewelers name that was trying to put it together but I worked on his light blue 71 FJ40 a couple times. Keep in touch we're a bit slower than I'd like but we're doing this club the right way and its been alot of fun. All of our paper work is complete to make us an official TLCA chapter for LA and should be voted in at the next TLCA meeting. I look forward to talking to you soon.

Larry Landry

1970 FJ40...in Baton Rouge

I noticed you have a '70 in B.R... I know where a super sweet mint original 40k mile one is located. The owner has no title, and I know all about it. I'd look into it if I had a '70 model. Last time I saw it, it was still factory rims, stickers on engine, covered. Actually, I know the whole history of that truck...baby blue color.

I'm out.

I noticed you have a '70 in B.R... I know where a super sweet mint original 40k mile one is located. The owner has no title, and I know all about it. I'd look into it if I had a '70 model. Last time I saw it, it was still factory rims, stickers on engine, covered. Actually, I know the whole history of that truck...baby blue color.

I'm out.

I'm ready for a road trip to go see it when you are. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom