For Sale Brooklyn Movie Star 1996 LC With Lockers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh no!

I had links to an image gallery, that must've gotten it flagged.

Regardless, here is the body, and a new link:

1996 Toyota Land Cruiser with 307K miles on to ODO, and factory DIFFERENTIAL LOCKERS! Also, nice wooden drawers in the back ($600), and an $800 head unit (Pioneer NEX 800) hooked up to a nice iPhone mount that could easily be swapped to Android. NEX 800 has it's own navigation, and works with CarPlay and Android Auto or whatever it's called.

More photos: Land Cruier

But even better, this car is famous. It was bought from the art department of a little 1990s movie known as UNFAITHFUL. They actually had 2 LCs in that movie, this one has welded on camera and lighting mounts on the bottom, so it more likely used for the interior shots, not the big wides.

Inevitably when discovering this someone will bring up "Diane Lane has been in this seat." Which tells you a lot about the person.

I made a video of all the appearances in UNFAITHFUL of this car.

Who doesn't want that? The ability to have a car driven by Diane Lane when she can't resist going back for one more time with Olivier Martinez. Though the car that is used in the exterior shots where she hits the cones is probably the other car, not this one.

Also, factory lockers (only tested once, front engaged, back kept flashing, according to the internet it could be a relay issue but I never got around to needing it). Only 300,000 miles (these cars regularly break 500,000). Head gasket done 1 year ago. New catalytic converter 2 years ago. Cool drawers in back.

Salvage title, which somehow relates to it being on a movie shoot, though I don't know how. Something to do with how the car company needed to buy a bunch of cars, modify them, and then sell them when done, but didn't want to be registered as a NY dealer, so it was salvage titles when they were finished. The modifications are just welding the square mounts to the bottom of the truck, which probably were used for a camera platform or lighting mounts.

Passed inspection a few weeks ago, so you have a clean inspection in NY until March 2019! No check engine light. Yes, this is a 1996, so it has the modern OBD-II and requires a clean check for inspection.

Airbag light is on, drivers airbag doesn't work. This is from years before Takata started cheating, but still, probably common in 1996 model years that they don't work anymore. Also, replaced the gas door with a non-matching door. Kind of dug the look of the mismatch. Fit the vibe.

Why am I selling this?

Impending fatherhood and the realization that this probably isn't the right car for a new dad. Yes, the baby potentially puking all over the car wouldn't be a problem. But it seems like in 2018 something with auto-breaking would rule, in case a deer runs in front of the car. Modern safety features and whatnot. Deer are taking over staten island, if you don't know. They are allowing bow hunting there now. The country is coming for the city.

Part of me really wants to raise a kid in a land cruiser (and UNFAITHFUL does posit it as kind of a suburban parent car, with the kid from Malcolm in the Middle in the backseat), so maybe I'll hang onto it.

So this is really up in case it's the perfect car for someone, precisely what they are looking for, then I'll sell. If that person doesn't arise, this might be the dad car. But if it's your dream car, and crosses off every item on your list, get in touch.

link:
1996 Land Cruiser 307K Miles Diff Lockers Movie Star UNFAITHFUL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom