Broken or a unicorn? Is there a fan in the center console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New ‘08 200 owner and so far so good on the condition.

But could use use some help re: the rear vents on the back of the center arm rest console...

Is there a dedicated fan in there or does it just get air from a duct from the front system...

And if there is a fan are there any insights on what it might take to get it running? And how the console comes apart.

The rest of the rear vents work great and respond the rocker switch controls for the back seat and from the nav unit.

But the vents on the console are just barely moving air and the flow does not increase with the rest of the system.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ps: already checked the fuses

No fan right behind the rear vents. It gets its air flow from the front.
049AD847-F93C-4317-8B83-7819A209C2A2.jpeg

Below you can see the rear console air vent running on the right side of the console.
DD91256B-70D3-4CEE-9536-2EAB07138F27.jpeg

P.S. gotta love original owners that love throwing food and drinks around in perfectly good land cruisers. Ughhh!!!

Thanks for the pics! So the fan is indeed a Unicorn. Guess it explains why I’ve not found any info on servicing it.

Really appreciate the help.

I just noticed the same thing. I rode in the back for the first time in a long while and decided to check on all the little things while I was there.I noticed the vents put out little air and that you could not have any effect with the rear controls. Seems they just get a bit of whatever the front vents are set to do.

Having the same issue. Did you find the fan for this?

Any update on this? I'm going to have to start digging around the dash soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom