Broken Front Differential-Woodland Park (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, first post to CLC group. I live in the Springs but my 04 100 series is up north of Woodland Park about 5 miles out of town with a busted front differential. Is there anyone in the Woodland Park area that may have a garage I could borrow to remove my drive shaft and drive flanges so I can get the thing on home? I probably can do it trail side or in a parking lot, but just thought I’d throw it out there, in case you all had some ideas. It would be tomorrow after we get it pulled out of where it’s stuck. Thanks!

Jacob’s Cruiser did make it to my house. I was on the CO4X4R&R crew that went to extract the vehicle. Offered up my place for storage while he figured out what to do. I was convinced that it was a CV issue, since I’ve never heard of a Land Cruiser breaking a diff. We did some troubleshooting on it Monday night though, and the diff is definitely broken. Bummer.

Is that the same one they suspected had the broken tranny?

How did the diff break? Drop on a spinning tire?

I couldn’t have made it without the CO4x4R&R crew and the expertise and hospitality of @black95. They are the perfect example of how great of a community we have.

@CO_Hunter i was stuck pretty good and I made it about 4 feet before it blew. So yeah, spinning tire then traction=grenade.

With a ton of help from @black95 we pulled the front drive shaft and drive flanges. My drive flanges are at “The Machine Shop” over off 24 to have the splines removed until I can figure out what I’m going to do. Martin over there seemed like a really great guy, if anyone needs that type of work in the future.

Good news is, when I do finally fix it I’ll have a set of emergency drive flanges for when I do it again. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom