Brisbane Motor Imports (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody heard of these guys? They appear to have a nice collection of rebuilt JDM engines for sale. Prices are on the high side, but might be worth it for a runner if they are reuptable.

Those engine listed aren't rebuilt, they are only imported running engines with unknown kilometres. I purchased my import FT from them over 7 years ago now, although I went to their warehouse and got to pick which one and do a test run. It's been perfect and have had zero issues with it.

With that been said all reviews I hear about them lately isn't great.

Yikes. Well that answers my question. If you're willing to rip off people right down the street, I'm sure you'd have no problems scamming somebody on the other side of the world.

I tried to import a 1HZ from them a few years back and after nearly a year of excuses, had to get my credit card company involved (I sent them the hundred plus emails I had sent to Brisbane) to get my money back. Ended up getting a 1HZ from a fellow MUD member here in the diesel classified section, and it was a perfect transaction.

If I ever end up down under on business, and my itinerary supports it, I'll drop in and give Jason the proprietor an earful for being such an @$$.

They've had a smelly reputation for years.

Don’t go anywhere near this company there is dozens of people here in Australia that have been scammed and ripped by them

There are a bunch of Jap motor importers in Oz. You will never find out the original vehicle or the origin vehicle's km's.

You will pay a fairly high price but the flipside is a supposedly low-ish km diesel motor.

I'm considering the option of a jap import to replace the 30 yr old n/a 1hz currently in my 80 once I get enough money.

Around $8k to $10k for a 1hdt, and keep going up for 1hdft or 1hdfte. Aussie dollar prices. There are legends about crate motors existing.

Unless you're in the business you never really know the 'cost price' to import Jap motors, but you can safely presume it's around half of what the rrp is. Nothing is cheap to import to Australia.

Some of the exporters of japanese engines do advertise on the 'net so you can get an idea of the source prices of them like these examples ..

Alibaba - Chinese - can't be trusted.

It is getting very hard to avoid chinese made. Whilst more exy to buy chinese in Oz, rather than buy straight from china, at least there are some fair trade rules they have to behave by.

Such as the only new cast head available for a 2h is made in china, engine oz and sms diesel re-sell these. Lots of other engine parts which toyota no longer make is now made in china. Fair bit of dobinsons is PRC made for example. Can't always avoid it I am afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom