Took the truck for one last spin over to cars n coffee… think I may have sold the inline 6 230 n powerglide as well.
Monday she will be dropped off for the upgrades…
Motor n transmission are out, having a hard time finding new motor mounts.
New motor on a stand ready to go in… first the engine bay will be pressure washed and painted.
Heard from the shop today, moving right along on the c10, moved the engine forward and transmission installed.
He sent the driveline out to be lengthened and rebuilt, also wanted to talk cooling.
We decided electric fans with some goodies for about 1k, which was nice I guess.
I asked about firing it up, says gonna mostly complete everything then fire it up, prolly next week.
Then it will go for new exhaust and maybe done… unless I throw that bedwood project in.
Went by the shop today to check out my money pit, things are moving along nicely and the truck should be home in a couple weeks.
Motor moved forward, transmission n crossmember done, driveshaft came back however power glide u joints are different then small block so back it went.
The new electric fan just arrived so they were pulling the radiator to mount it…
Then back to the shop for getting the Dakota gauges sync in, paint the under side of the hood and she will be home…
Next, charge the Vintage air and then it’s car show season..
Truck may come home today, waiting for the chrome shop to finish the grill.. however the hood has been painted and the Dakota gauges are working as they should…
Truck finally came home today, the chrome shop is giving me the runaround so I just brought it home and wait until they finish. The truck runs well and is scary fast, I owned a Chevelle SS396 and this thing is way meaner and faster. Tomorrow the truck will go into get the Vintage Air lines ran and the a/c unit charged… baby steps.
Wasn’t happy with the headlights so messed with them a bit, installed the glove box and took her for a spin..
It’s fun to drive and is ready when u are to go….. it’s fast.