Breaking into your own 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Locking a 60 is diffrent than locking a 62. Power locks! you press a button and everything is locked.

I would tell you all a very simple tool that opens any vehicle with pop up buttons(yes even the ones toyota uses) I would be forced to kill you if I shared this information.

Ok I will share with all the wisdom that was passed down to me by a stereo thief. Get a rectangular piece of flat flexible vinyl or plastic. 2" wide by 2-3 ft long thiner the better but must be stong enough to attach a 3 foot piece of cotton string like kite string. Attach the string to one end about 3/4" in from one end center. To use Hold string in one hand, and insert the end with string atached in to vehicle letting the string go with it hold on to string...go past button, and pull back on string should flex plastic thing get string behind button lower both string hand and other until you are around the button, holding tension on both pieces pull up on button....for the toyotas buttons you have to put two wraps and cinch the string tight, with a little practice you can get into your rig in less than a minute. I keep one under my tool box in my pickup(just looks like garbage so nobody messes with it) great way to meet chicks. Or save a stranded motorist for your good karma..If you are prone to locking your keys in hide it up on top of your spare tire, you can use a coat hanger in the same way with the string attached.
Jamie

Last edited:
HntWhtTail said:
Ok I will share with all the wisdom that was passed down to me by a stereo thief. Get a rectangular piece of flat flexible vinyl or plastic. 2" wide by 2-3 ft long thiner the better but must be stong enough to attach a 3 foot piece of cotton string like kite string. Attach the string to one end about 3/4" in from one end center. To use Hold string in one hand, and insert the end with string atached in to vehicle letting the string go with it hold on to string...go past button, and pull back on string should flex plastic thing get string behind button lower both string hand and other until you are around the button, holding tension on both pieces pull up on button....for the toyotas buttons you have to put two wraps and cinch the string tight, with a little practice you can get into your rig in less than a minute. I keep one under my tool box in my pickup(just looks like garbage so nobody messes with it) great way to meet chicks. Or save a stranded motorist for your good karma..If you are prone to locking your keys in hide it up on top of your spare tire, you can use a coat hanger in the same way with the string attached.
Jamie
is this why my dam insurance i so dam high:flipoff2: is land cruiser still the mosyt desired theft vehicle nice trick anyway

I locked myself out of my FJ62 recently, but I was at the best place possible for such a mind fart....a Land Cruiser event! Yup, happened at the Roundup, and in less than 5 minutes we found another Cruiserhead whose key opened my Cruiser (and the FJ60 parked next to it)! :eek:

HntWhtTail said:
I would tell you all a very simple tool that opens any vehicle with pop up buttons(yes even the ones toyota uses) I would be forced to kill you if I shared this information.

If you're thinking about coat hangers, then it's nothing special. The real thin wire coathangers fit easily between the seal and glass.

Thanks had to do this last night. I am on a road trip and locked all my stuff in the cruiser accidentally. I found a 10mm spanner and undid the 3 bolts in the latch on top half of the tailgate. You can see in to the latch from below and a small spanner fits in fine.

When those bolts are removed there is a cover plate that gets uncovered. It allows access to the manual latch release. On the top right of the latch there is a notch/hole with a piece of metal inside. With a screwdriver you can slide it to the right releasing the latch.

It worked well. I was really relieved.

Hi, I’ve kept a copy key of all my cruisers,probably 20-30 keys .They have come in hand more than once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom