Break trouble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently I snapped off the bleeder valve on one of my JF45's front calipers housings and have not been able to extract it. I tried using an 'easy out' set but that didn't work. the part of the bleeder that is sticking out of the base has begun to split. Any idea's?
I'm thinking I might have to replace the entire unit. However, my FJ was converted to disks before I got it. I don't know what conversion kit was used. I only know the pad numbers;
Wagner PD137
and Mintye MP-50j
Is there any way of finding out the conversion kit from the replacement pad numbers?

Regards

Keep drilling out the bleeder with slightly bigger bits until there's barely threads left, and it will come out. The bleeder is relatively soft steel and the caliper is probably cast iron, so the bit is not going to cut the caliper much.

Keep drilling out the bleeder with slightly bigger bits until there's barely threads left, and it will come out. The bleeder is relatively soft steel and the caliper is probably cast iron, so the bit is not going to cut the caliper much.

I did think of doing that. But the head of the bleeder is smaller, where it seats, then the body. I thought drilling it out would end up damaging the seat. I also questioned how I would get the head out.

I guess I don't have much to loose by trying.
OK, I'll do that.

Thank you.

Google wagner brake pad pd137 and it comes back to toyota pickups. And about a dozen others. Any auto shop should be able to cross reference the pad.
I suggest you replace the calipers.

Jerry D.

Google wagner brake pad pd137 and it comes back to toyota pickups. And about a dozen others. Any auto shop should be able to cross reference the pad.
I suggest you replace the calipers.

Jerry D.

Thanks Jerry.
I've been searching most of the morning and found them linked to Toyota part # 47730 & 47750, Right and Left hand cylinder assembly's.
But still confirming.

I am finding it hard to discern one 47750 caliper number from the next. It seems they all have different suffix numbers like 47750-14270 or 47750-35080 and the prices are hundreds of dollars difference. Some only have one piston and other have two, I need four. I have to examin it more closely for identifying numbers. and am posting two pics. Can anyone help identify this Caliper?
IMGP5395.JPG IMGP5371.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom